1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Signal - Help Please!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Wilbur, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Wilbur

Wilbur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally got my Panasonic PW4 hooked up over the weekend. Having a few problems though.

I am conencting my Arcam DV88 direct to component in using Van Damme cables (purchased from zAndy1 off the forum) however, the plasma displays a no signal message on component (I have also tryed switching between component to RGB on the screen to no effect).

I have my Panasonic digibox connected to the screen via a JS RGB to VGA box with an xbox daisychained through. The xbox works fine but the digibox displays a blank screen (NOT a no signal message, so something is getting through.

I know that all of the individual components work... any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Many thanks in advance,

Wilbur

2. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    This is a very similar set-up to mine (Arcam DV88+ via component, Panny 4, PS2 & Telewest digibox through JS RGB-VGA box).

The only thing I can come up with is to check the Arcam is set to output "Component" rather than "RGB Scart". However, you may need another TV set to check this if you can't see anything on your panny!

I'll check my settings when I get home tonight - good luck in the meantime!

3. Wilbur

Wilbur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I think that the output setting on the DV88 must be the problem. I have been able to watch DVDs by routing the Arcam through the JS RGB/VGA box (suggesting that it is set to RGB). How do I change the output to component? I can view the setup screen this way and then hook it up via component once the change is made.

Many thanks,

Wilbur

4. saggio

saggio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    while you have the Arcam connected with the SCART, hit MENU on the Arcam remote and find the page (I think is 3rd or 4th) with the video setting. Change it from RGB to Component.

5. mikeq

mikeq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It may be 'Setup' rather than 'Menu', it is on my DV88+

6. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +375
    You can also try hooking up the dv88 with an svideo cable to see the on screen display ...

Jon