• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

No signal from V+ box to 37LG6000.

R

rideblue

Hello to all.As a new member I'm using my first post to ask for help and advice. I've just bought a 37LG6000 and have been attempting to set it up using my Virgin+ box. Firstly I used one of the HDMI inputs to connect the v+ box and then attempted to auto tune the TV but with no success,the screen informed me " no signal ". I then proceeded to attempt connection using each of the other HDMI inputs in turn and then the scart inputs,all with the same result. I connected my DVD player via the HDMI input with no problem at all but the signal from the V+ box is not getting through no matter which input type I use. If anyone has any knowledge of this problem and any solutions I would be most grateful for the input,thanks. :confused:

Johnboy_1975

Established Member
Hello to all.As a new member I'm using my first post to ask for help and advice. I've just bought a 37LG6000 and have been attempting to set it up using my Virgin+ box. Firstly I used one of the HDMI inputs to connect the v+ box and then attempted to auto tune the TV but with no success,the screen informed me " no signal ". I then proceeded to attempt connection using each of the other HDMI inputs in turn and then the scart inputs,all with the same result. I connected my DVD player via the HDMI input with no problem at all but the signal from the V+ box is not getting through no matter which input type I use. If anyone has any knowledge of this problem and any solutions I would be most grateful for the input,thanks. :confused:

You need to set up with a scart cable and then change the settings to HDMI. Auto tune will presumably tune in the sets own tuner, which if you have not got connected to an ariel you will not get much (as you have found)

thread here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/virgin-media/906892-lg-32lg5020-hdmi-feed-v-box.html

Always seems to be LG tv's, lol

Hope this helps??

R

rideblue

Many thanks johnboy. After a couple of hours faffing about yesterday I decided to call virgin and just report a loss of signal to my tv. Within a couple of hours an engineer arrived and after some tests replaced the v+ box and set up the tv. Fair play to virgin for an excellent response and great customer service. Thanks to you also for taking the time to respond to my call for help,much appreciated.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom