1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Signal being received

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by jenkiam, Aug 9, 2005.

1. jenkiam

jenkiam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone else had a prob during the recent hot weather with their sky+ box not recieveing a signal ?? I can normally get BBC1 & 2 but not anything else.... I need to unplug the box from the wall & leave it for 20-30 mins before it will bring any other channels...
    Is this indicating a bigger prob or is it just a static build up ??
    Cheers

2. ndenbow

ndenbow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    This really depends on your installation site, but I know a few people that have experienced problems (particularly this year for some reason) with plants/trees/bushes growing really big and blocking the signal. This is especially noticable when raining as well. Check your dish line of sight and don't make any assumptions that nothing can possibly be in the way!

The other reason could be that you receiver could be on its way out.

3. Monty Burns

Monty Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    This sounds like it *could* be a heat problem. You could just move it forward out of your AV cabinet (assuming your using one) and leave it on the floor to see if it gets more reliable... maybe its not getting enough cool air?

I actually have to run my Sky+ without the lid on it due to its location and longer ide ribbon cable. With the lid on, it starts to lockup after about 10 mins!

:)

4. Keithcun

Keithcun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I had exactly the same problem.Nothing in the sight line and it only occurred in the afternoon when the weather was at it's warmest.

It turned out to be the LNB.One way to double check the LNB is to turn the hosepipe on it to cool it down to see if it makes any difference.