1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No signal being received

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by martynanstis, Jul 13, 2005.

1. martynanstis

martynanstis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was using a Pace Sky+ box in the Czech Republic until about 2.5 weeks ago when all but one channel displayed 'No signal being received'. As I am only using one LNB out here and not using the phone line I am unable to check for updates. Has there been a big upgrade or change to the frequencies within this time??

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    No major changes, as far as I'm aware. What channel can you still get ?

By the way, you don't need a phone line to get updates, they come via the dish. Just remove the power, press and hold the backup button, and re-apply the power, keeping your finger on the button until you see the on-screen display. However, it might not be advisable to do this if you have a possible dish alignment problem or LNB fault !

3. martynanstis

martynanstis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can still get channel 145 UKTV Food. Have had the dish re-aligned and a new LNB as I thought this was the problem. Thanks for the info about the phone line and I will try a reset tonight. If this doesnt work I am back in the UK this weekend anyway.
    Cheers

4. martynanstis

martynanstis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried the reset as you suggested and it worked OK. Many thanks for your help and its saved me lugging the box half way across europe this weekend.
    Cheers

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Excellent ! :thumbsup: