No signal and/or very poor signal on certain channels only..

.Griff.

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've had my Sky HD box for about 8 months now. Sourced from Ebay and installed myself.

Recently I've noticed the odd channel just breaks up in a digital mess or tells me there's no signal at all. I can't list them all but I know c4+1 is affected as well as several of the music channels.

All the rest of the channels are perfectly fine.

Is there anything I can try with the box to resolve this?

I disagree, try switching off the base unit of your DECT phone and watch the channels magically fix themselves! I had this problem with those channels mentioned until I got HD and the installer rewired the whole lot.

I disagree, try switching off the base unit of your DECT phone and watch the channels magically fix themselves! I had this problem with those channels mentioned until I got HD and the installer rewired the whole lot.

Mate.. The only "words" that spring to mind are what the f....!!!

I thought you'd lost the plot but I was intrigued nonetheless.. I do indeed have a DECT phone and I pulled the charger/power unit out of the wall and c4+1 works perfectly now..

What the hell is that all about!?!?

EDIT - You're a genius.. I've just turned the base unit back on and at that exact second it's gone straight to "No signal"

No probs! I believe it's something to do with the phone and those channels using similar frequencies. Crazy, I know.

My Sky cable used to stretch around the room, now it just comes in the house right next to the box and that has fixed it.

You try moving the base of your phone to see if that works.

sorry to drag up an old thread but i keep getting no sat signal is being received and i called sky again last week and the ladt looked at the service record and said this isn't right - i'm on about my 8th box!

she booked an engineer for a complete uninstall and re-install with a new HD box

when he came he did everything from scratch and then said to my wife about us having a dect phone which is probably causing the problems

the base handset that's connected to the phone line isn't in the lounge so would it still be the problem? we do have a handset in the lounge which is near the bt master socket

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom