No Satellite Signal!!!!

woody2410

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone could give me a little advice please. I live in an apartment which has a communal dish and we've started getting the no signal sign coming up on our tv the one which says 25 in the corner. we've had this problem on/off now for over 15 months and sky just tell us to turn the box off and etc which works for a while.

We've just had a major power cut which messed something up to do with sky in the buliding and a new part had to be ordered. it is now back on and workin but ever since that has happened our sky is worse than every works on some channels but ones like bbc's, itvs and few others dont. spoken to others who live in the place and they are having no problems at all and even before the power cut we had problems and no one else did..

has anyone got any ideas as got sky coming out saturday and dont wont to be fobbed off with lies basically.

Also we can hardly ever record to programmes at once.
Thanks.

Hi everyone,

just wondering if anyone could give me a little advice please. I live in an apartment which has a communal dish and we've started getting the no signal sign coming up on our tv the one which says 25 in the corner. we've had this problem on/off now for over 15 months and sky just tell us to turn the box off and etc which works for a while.

We've just had a major power cut which messed something up to do with sky in the buliding and a new part had to be ordered. it is now back on and workin but ever since that has happened our sky is worse than every works on some channels but ones like bbc's, itvs and few others dont. spoken to others who live in the place and they are having no problems at all and even before the power cut we had problems and no one else did..

has anyone got any ideas as got sky coming out saturday and dont wont to be fobbed off with lies basically.

Also we can hardly ever record to programmes at once.
Thanks.

Only thing I can suggest is try another box. It would seem to indicate it's your box if everyone else isn;t having any problems.

A power cut would allow your Digibox to cool down. A fault occurring (or worsening) after cooling down usually indicates capacitor failure - so I wonder if you have a Thomson Sky Digibox.

Hi people,

thank you for your reply's. i've had sky out today and they put a new box on but still doing same they are saying its something to do with the bulidings set up now. he said they'll be spilters up in the attic and the one down to my apartment will be bust since this power cut but seems strange why it would only be mine and no one elses's.

spoke to people in bulidin and when this power cut happened they had problems but after disconnecting there boxes for a while it came back on i've done all that aswell.

its only doing it on all bbc channels and channel 4 but itv works but it is really jumpy and etc.

wouldnt be able to tell you which box just know when i go into settings it just says PACE 9F2225.

Didnt reall listen to him much as you can understand but off with the whole situation espc when world cup has just started. basically he says from the dish it will go to a spilter which will send signals down to each aparment and on the box my port must be broken and reason for my bbc's not working is that they are on a higher frequency.

Yes and dealing with them wont be easy it took them 6 days last time to get the whole bulidings sky back on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spilter: Any one of the small branches on a stag's head.

I believe that BBC programmes use some of the lowest frequencies on Astra 2D?

ah not a clue then to be honest think ive prob been fobbed off by sky. you any ideas what i can try do sort it myself.

If swapping the Digibox didn't help then the fault must lie in the connecting cables, wall socket or gubbins elsewhere. Since everything apart from the cables in your apartment is governed by the management company, you'll have to write to them and ask them to fix whatever's wrong.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom