No satellite signal received

veedubba

Standard Member
Reaction score
Having problems with the above message on some sky channels but some are ok? If the dish has been disturbed would all channels be off or only some? Tried all the usual fixes but none worked so its a mystery unless you can help.

Steve

What's the make and model? Sounds like a Grundig power supply fault but let's not play guessing games.

you guessed correct its a Grundig does that mean new box required?

I fitted one to mine. It consists of a complete replacement of all the capicitors in the PSU. It's expensive for about 12 sub-min capacitors but they have done all the leg work for you. If you are skilled at soldering PCBs it's well worth doing.

The last kit I bought didn't have any "sub min" capacitors. They were all 105 degree, low ESR, high reliability types - mostly slightly larger than the originals. I couldn't buy them all from any one place so it would have meant paying at least three lots of postage if I'd bought the parts elsewhere. But if you can't solder then I recommend you send your power supply for repair or buy an exchange replacement.

Maybe I'm getting a little long in the tooth but what are sub-miniature capacitors called these days then? I think that I made the point about Satcure doing the leg work before and that one needs to be able to solder so why make the points again?

I think that I have been criticised when I was just trying help - based on my experience. I'm not trying to be stroppy (another old word) just trying find out why you felt the need to make the last post SamRadford?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom