No satellite signal being received

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by IanMerseyside, Dec 26, 2006.

1. IanMerseyside

IanMerseyside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been getting the above error message several times over the last few days but only on channels BBC1 and Bravo2 and once during a play-back on Sky+. There doesn't seem to be an actual problem with a lack of satellite signal as each time it has happened I have changed channel and got a picture immediately. Anyone had something similar?

2. chrisbaker42

chrisbaker42

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    What readings do you get when you check the signal strength and picture quality?

3. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17,498
    I'm getting it a lot just lately. I get the "no satellite...." message and if I go into services, signal test, I see either one or both of my feeds is "not locked". Normally this can be cured by reconecting the leads.

I reckon I'll get Sky to come out and have a look, as it's happening too often for my liking.

4. t256256

t256256

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've had this happen a couple of times in the past. Someone on the forum told me that this is a small 'bug' in Sky HD. Only solution is to power the box down, then back up. FYI: I get more channels going missing, but some (e.g. the movie channels), never seem to go MIA. Normally, it's BBC some of the UK channels and Bravo.

5. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17,498
    When it was happening ot me, I was getting some channels, but not others (even with no signal on either feed), I was getting Living, but not Living 2 or getting UKGold but not UKGold 2 etc...

Called Sky Weds, they said they'd send an engineer today (must say I was quite impressed, considering the time of year:) He duly turned up this morning, 8.30.

Swapped the LNB on my dish and swapped the HD box for a brand new one, can't say fairer than that. I know we all have a moan about Sky at times, but that's pretty good srvice in my book. Only downside, I lost all my recordings, but I see BBC-HD are having a Planet Earth marathon on Sunday, so I'll be able to get most of it back:)

Might be worth a call to Sky, if the problem persists, just make sure you've got nothing left to watch first:thumbsup: