1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Satelite Signal being recieved what so ever!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Tupo, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Tupo

Tupo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    I have recently bought all the stuff to install sat. myself but I cant even pick up a signal reading at all!!! Tried buying another LNB (thinking it may be faulty) but this still doesnt cure things.

I have checked the cabling til Im blue in the face and there are definately no touching wires etc.

With the satmeter I can see the signal going up and down when I point the dish at various places. but on the screen I still get no satelite signal being recieved when I turn the box on, and there is no signal strenth what so ever in the system test menu. HELP!

Any ideas???

I know the dish is pointing in roughly the right place so surely I should get some kind of reading so I can tweak it..??? Right???

I have an amstrad DRX400.

I even sent the box off to be repaired and it works fine!! :rolleyes:
    HELP!!! :lease:

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Wouldn't it have been cheaper to get an installer to do it ?

The dish needs to be pointed at exactly 28.2 degrees E of south. Roughly 28 degrees won't work. The dish elevation will depend on how far north you are. If you get the E-W bit right, then you can use the sat meter to get the elevation. Just searching wildly with a sat meter won't work, because there's a satellite every 3 degrees in some parts of the sky.

You can find 28.2 degrees E of south with a compass, but the problem is that magnetic north and true north can be out by as much as 6 degrees, depending on geography. A good tip is to put a stick completely vertical in the ground, and the sun's shadow will point to true north (or pretty close) at noon GMT (don't forget we're currently on BST). Once you've worked out the magnetic variation, it should be straightforward.

3. Tupo

Tupo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Just an update.... I did it myself and I got it working.... It just needed a tweak :)

Watched Eastenders today :smashin:
    All the way from Germany :clap: