No Sat Signal

lasket

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Not sure if anyone can help, but I decided to do the self-install of Sky+ over the weekend. I ordered a quad LNB from Ebay and fitted to my dish on thursady morning along with the extra coax. When I went back in and switched on my old Sky box the picture was great and worked away. I wasn't going to change over to the Sky+ box until the weekend as I needed F connectors for the additional cable. Came in on fri night, turned on my Sky and all I get is no Sat signal. Tried everything including reseting the LNB etc but still nothing.
anybody got any ideas? I did try the old Sky box as well and just get the same!

Try swapping the sat cables on theback of the Sky + box, so the cable connected to input 1 goes into input 2 & vice versa... Sky + needs a live connection on input 1 before it'll work.

- If you get a picture then there is a problem with the f connector on the cable now connected to input 2 - make sure its wired correctly so that none of the outer shield is touching the central wire, but is in contact with the f connector.

- If you dont have a picture after swapping the cables then I'd check all the f connectors, both to the box & LNB. Then, if need be, try using your old LNB if you still have it...

put your old digibox back in and test both cables. If that doesn't work then you know the fault is in the cable or LNB or dish (the weight of the Quad LNB had dropped the dish slightly)

It does work it is likely that the Sky+ box is knackered

Cheers, Franc

Cheers Guys,

I'll have a play about with it tonight and try to get it working, can't do without any tv, don't even have a normal aerial in the house. Worst case scenario might just order SKY HD, but was waiting to see if the price fell a bit first.

Neale

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom