No sat code

grandadbaza

Standard Member
Just bought a Sharp LC 40CFE6241K , and have spent an hour trying to program my Sky remote to it , then found out that "Currently, Sky use the older ‘IR’ technology, therefore, their Sky remotes (up to and including Rev 10) cannot operate our newer models of TV’s that use ‘RF’ remote controls. (The same applies to the vast majority of models launched by most of the premium brands whose models launched from Jan 2015)."
So it looks like 2 remotes on the sofa ,aaaaaagghhhhhhhhhh

AndyRg4

Most TVs come with both an IR remote and RF (Bluetooth) remotes. I'd be surprised if you can't program the remote. The only ones that I have come across that can't be programmed are the Panasonic cx400 and c300 models

grandadbaza

Standard Member
Most TVs come with both an IR remote and RF (Bluetooth) remotes. I'd be surprised if you can't program the remote. The only ones that I have come across that can't be programmed are the Panasonic cx400 and c300 models

Thanks for your reply , but I only got one remote , never bought a TV with 2 remotes!
The part of my OP in quotes was taken from the manufacturers website , so I assume if they say you cant program a sky remote to this TV then I feel its a waste of time trying unless someone knows something they and I dont

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom