No S-video on Sky+HD Box

lindsayw

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just replaced my Sky+ box with a Sky+HD box after being assured by Sky that all the outputs were the same!
The new box has one scart and one HDMI output,
Tv works fine via the HDMI output but how do I connect my Domino PJ which was previously fed by S-video?

Audio is OK as using optical to an Denon amp

I found a reference to using a SCART to S-video adapter, can any one confirm this will solve my problem?
Thanks in advance

Very doubtfull it will, such adapters require s-video to be present on the scart. The TV scart will use the pins used for s-video on your older boxes vcr scart for RGB. Only analogue video output options are likely to be RGB and composite (unless there's a menu option to change the scart output to s-video).

Does your projector have component inputs (YPrPb) ?

Just replaced my Sky+ box with a Sky+HD box after being assured by Sky that all the outputs were the same!
The new box has one scart and one HDMI output,
Tv works fine via the HDMI output but how do I connect my Domino PJ which was previously fed by S-video?

Audio is OK as using optical to an Denon amp

I found a reference to using a SCART to S-video adapter, can any one confirm this will solve my problem?
Thanks in advance

A SCART to S-video adapter won't work because there isn't any Y/C signal on the SCART socket. What you need is an RGB to S-video converter that connects to the SCART socket. Something like this.

A SCART to S-video adapter won't work because there isn't any Y/C signal on the SCART socket. What you need is an RGB to S-video converter that connects to the SCART socket. Something like this.
Many thanks, sourced one from JS Technology and problem now sorted.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom