1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No RGB on Sony DVP-D725

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by GearHead, Dec 28, 2001.

1. GearHead

GearHead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just recently bought this machine as an ex-dem unit.

I've selected RGB output in the setup menu but the player always seems to be outputting composite video regardless of the setting. I have the Digibox looped through the DVD player and I've no problems getting RGB to the TV from that source so the cabling is okay.

Is it possible that the DVD player is outputting composite video AND RGB and the TV (Sony 32" Wega) is choosing to go for the composite signal ?

Or is it more likely that the DVD player is at fault ?

Allan

2. bassman

bassman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI

REGARDING THE RGB OUTPUT ON YOUR SONY 725 DVD PLAYER.

IF YOU LOOK AT THE BACK OF THE PLAYER YOU WILL SEE 2 SCART SOCKETS ONE WILL BE CLEARLY LABELLED FOR RGB OUTPUT SO YOU MUST CONNECT YOUR DVD PLAYER VIA THAT SCART SOCKET AS THE OTHER WILL NOT OUTPUT RGB SIGNALS.

HOPE THIS HELPS

:D

3. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,524
    i have the same player and a sony TV. if you use a fully wired SCART, the TV will choose the composite signal first, if you select the AV1 RGB input on your TV, you should get the rgb signal. Make sure you're using SCART1 on both pieces of equipment, as only 1 socket is RGB enabled.

4. GearHead

GearHead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doh !!!

Thanks guys. I was using the wrong Scart socket. That's what happens when you read the manual in one hand whilst leaning over and working from the front. I was convinced I had it right because not only did the Digibox loop through the DVD player correctly, it was passing RGB through the DVD and out to the TV.

I swapped the two scart leads round and everything works fine now - RGB from the digibox AND the DVD player.

thanks,
    Allan