• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

No Reviews Due on the Panasonic HZ980

johnr2110

I read elsewhere that Panasonic aren't releasing their budget HZ980 model to reviewers as they don't consider it an important model. From the reviewing point I thought reviewers either purchased the TVs or loaned from retailers.
Concerning the actual Television itself do we conclude if true, apart from the swivel stand is nearly as good unless you're an audiophile, so Panasonic don't want to lose sales on the HZ1000 or is it not very good. The latter is doubtful, but regardless reviews are needed.

Last edited:

mikej

Isn't it essentially a refreshed GZ950 that's missing one or two of the improved 2020 OLED features ?

The GZ950 is an excellent TV, so I guess you just need to suss out which of the improvements are missing and see if that matters to you, but bear in mind any cost saving.

I would head over to the HZ OLED Owner's thread in the Panasonic TVs forum and see if you can get a better insight there.

johnr2110

Isn't it essentially a refreshed GZ950 that's missing one or two of the improved 2020 OLED features ?

The GZ950 is an excellent TV, so I guess you just need to suss out which of the improvements are missing and see if that matters to you, but bear in mind any cost saving.

I would head over to the HZ OLED Owner's thread in the Panasonic TVs forum and see if you can get a better insight there.

The two things that spring to mind comparing the EZ980 with the EZ1000 are a movable stand and an upgrade in motion handling prefixed Pro. I,m sure there must me more to justify a £200 price difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom