No Retreat, No Surrender (Jean-Claude Van Damme, UK Blu-ray September 2021)

IGC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1.png

UPC: 5060758900910

How come this is left to me to mention this classic? :D

Only ever seen it once at a trade screening for the VHS and thought it was OK (it was a popular rental for sure) but not as good as the post screening sandwiches.

That one scene is definitely a masterpiece and certainly helped JCVD get attention.

As someone who trained in Tae Kwon Do I'd say the guys got some nice moves for a ballet dancer.

I'd buy it it if it had some cool extras.

Amazon product ASIN B09BDKZKTS

On you go Jean-Claude -no wires needed!
image2-scaled.jpg

Yeah deffo buy for me, I love JCVD cheese, some of his recent stuff has really hit the mark as well.

The fight and training montage scenes are good but the rest of it has aged atrociously. It looks like a bad “home movie” unfortunately.

Will be interesting to see what version it is. There is a version on YouTube which is extended on YouTube, difference between that and uk vhs are on IMDb.

Hopefully it’ll be the full uncut version. But if you fancy a laugh, check on IMDB why Van Damme turned down NRNS 2!

I got this version in 2017:

Thankfully it contained my fave edit of the film: the short version with more up tempo music by Paul Gilreath.

See also thread here ...

Without doing research (as im being lazy), anyone know which cut is the German version titled Karate Tiger? Or did it have two different cuts? I had it briefly but moved it on as anything without the action was painful to watch!

Without doing research (as im being lazy), anyone know which cut is the German version titled Karate Tiger? Or did it have two different cuts? I had it briefly but moved it on as anything without the action was painful to watch!

i remember the title but can’t recall which version it was sorry.

im hoping this leads up to a decent release of the superior (for me) sequel....

Both sequels are decent.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom