no resident evil for revolution?????????

Arkham Insane

Established Member
Reaction score
whats all this about resident evil 5 going to only ps3 and the xbox 360? resident evil 4 has so far only been a gamecube game where it proved to be extremely popular, so much so that there is a ps2 version now. If the revolution doesnt get resident evil 5 which is sure to be one hell of a game then i for one will be a little sad.

come on nintendo, at least act as if your trying.

They didn't say they won't support it, but they might announce their support later on. Probably when Nintendo fully reveal the Revolution.

Bepin Solanki said:
Resident evil 4 has so far only been a gamecube game where it proved to be extremely popular

But maybe not as popular as Capcom had hoped. They have obviously gone for the platforms that they feel will have the largest user bases. However, don’t rule out it not coming to the Revo at some point later.

Capcom have NOT said anything about Resi on Revolution - irrespective of whether it'll be on it or not.

Just because Capcom only talk about 360 + PS3 people, doesn't mean the Revolution is omitted by Capcom.

Of course Nintendo want as much 3rd party support as poss. But Capcom have the last word. Resi 4 is the/one of best game(s) of '05 and it sold relatively poorly. OK 500,000 is decent, but for such a good game? Capcom sure had higher hopes.....I'm sure they'll think about it.

You never know. Capcom might already have a ver planned....as yet not made public ;)

Final thing....I believe Nintendo's new strategy is simple or 'non' games to win non-gamers. Look at Jap DS games like 'brain training for adults' or whatever its called.

I believe this strategy is a test bed for the revolution. Since its been a success (in Jap at least), its a go for the Revo.

Brain training game stayed in the top 10 for over 2 months, thats pretty rare to see a game or non-game to stay that long in the japanese top 10.

Chanser said:
Brain training game stayed in the top 10 for over 2 months, thats pretty rare to see a game or non-game to stay that long in the japanese top 10.

My point exactly. Nintendo experimented. If it failed, don't do it for Revo. But since its suceeded, they'll probably go ahead.

LFC_SL said:
Final thing....I believe Nintendo's new strategy is simple or 'non' games to win non-gamers. Look at Jap DS games like 'brain training for adults' or whatever its called.

Intriguing, any more info?

Tejstar said:
Intriguing, any more info?

Emmmm its just my opinion, sorry. It makes sense though that Nintendo are taking themselves in a diff direction from Sony/Microsoft. They've probably privately admitted they can't compete, so have to try something new

No, I agree with your point. I just wanted to know whether you had any info on that brain training game? :)

RE4 would have sold a lot more if those idiots at capcom didnt say anything about the ps2 version.

they basically said there was a ps2 version coming out a year later even when the cube version wasnt even out yet. why annouce it when you know its gonna effect sales? STUPID STUPID CAPCOM! :mad: :mad: :mad:

They probably announced it as sales were far below what they expected. I’m sure they factored in some time to allow for GC adoption for RE4. They couldn’t wait forever! :D

nope they announced it before the gc version was even released.

HELLO please dont buy RE4 for GC because PS2 version is in production :/ that what it was basically.

hence why the director left studio 4 and went to clover because he was very ****** off about it.

I can't see that being the reason why sales were affected!

Gamecubes go for around the same price as a game so i'm sure that everyone who wanted to play it bought it (or at least tried to) at the time. Who in their right mind is going to wait a year to play a worse version on the PS2?? :rolleyes:

Sales were affected because noone could buy the damn game at release. Stores didn't realise the demand with it being a GC game and therefore it was hugely understocked! Fortunately I picked up a US copy so avoided the lack of stock over here.

Nintendo have released a statement saying that RE5 may appear on the Revo

Does anyone actually care if it comes out on the Revo? Will we actually ever see the Revo? I'd almost forgotten about it and as things stand I can't really see Capcom wasting their time and money here. Nobody has even seen the Revo's controllers and it's pretty difficult to start developing a game for a machine when you don't know what the controller will be like.

Personally I think that Nintendo did a geat job with the Gamecube a(well specced, easy to use, small, cheap, great wireless controller, stacks of decent games) yet the machine still failed! It sold for around half the price of the other 2 consoles yet managed around 1/9th of the PS2's sales and was beaten into 3rd place with around 1/2 the sales of the new challenger - MS. Quite a few shops stopped selling it early on (Dixons behind the hightest profile one) and many outlets got rid of Gamecube stock for about the price of a game!

The thing is that the machine was good and there were some great games on it. I have no doubt that the Revo will turn out to be a nice little machine and i'm sure there will be some decent 1st party games (Zelda, Metroid, Mario etc) on it. Sadly it will still fail though and companies like Capcom will just focus on where the money is.

I'm sure there are a few big developers out there that know more than us

CrispyXUK said:
I'm sure there are a few big developers out there that know more than us

Perhaps but even so you must admit that after the Gamecubes performance there is going to be little enthusiasm to back the Revo. I certainly wouldn't back it with my money, would you? If so why?

Thats true, but you should remember that the Gamecubes performance in Japan also the US to a certain extent is completely different to that of the UKs, maybe not in hardware sales but certainly in software sales, developers like to sell games at the end of the day and titles for the GC sell very well in those territories.

Im not that bothered if RE5 doesnt come out for the REVO as ill have an XBOX360 as well

The Relvolution wont be able to play the Same version of Res 5 as 360 or PS3. The machine will not be powerful enough!

spyder said:
The Relvolution wont be able to play the Same version of Res 5 as 360 or PS3. The machine will not be powerful enough!

Says who? Oh sorry we didnt realise you had inside information :rotfl:

cocknose

It's common knowledge, after anouncements made at this years E3, Nintendo are not trying to compete with Sony/Msoft on machine specs. Have you seen the Res 5 footage 360? We'll have to wait until Nintendo reveal the controller to find out why they are calling their machine Revolution.

spyder said:
It's common knowledge, after anouncements made at this years E3, Nintendo are not trying to compete with Sony/Msoft on machine specs. Have you seen the Res 5 footage 360? We'll have to wait until Nintendo reveal the controller to find out why they are calling their machine Revolution.

It is not common knowledge, Nintendo haven't said their Machine will be less powerful than the competition only that its not what they are focusing on. Yes I have seen the trialers, it looks looks great.

Are you a Dixons employee or something? :rolleyes:

i take offence of the insinuation made through this last remark. does my occupation mean that i am placed further down the evolutionary ladder? and who are you to decide hierarchy?

why is it that english discussion falls to the lowest common denominator rather than positive debate?

go back to your gameboy, caravan dweller.

Nice one

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom