1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no record sky +

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by chaz, Jan 2, 2004.

1. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Hope someone can help me here than rather get on to sky in New Dehli I have had sky + for a few weeks now. In general I am very happy with it but a couple of times it has not recorded a programme that I have put on the programme planner.When I have pressed the information button it tells me unknown failure ,has anybody else had this problem? I hope someone can tell me what it is, cheers .:(

2. Brogan

Brogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    Yep - it's called Sky+.

Seriously, this is the most bug-ridden piece of junk I have ever bought and since the DR update it's even worse.
    Sadly you have 2 choices:
    1. Put up with it and contnue paying Sky in excess of £30 per month for a system which is prone to multiple failures.
    2. Get rid of it.

I'm currently 1 but if the "service" continues to deteriorate I will be seriously considering cancelling my subscription.

3. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    cheers Brogan i think i will do the same as you no 1 lets hope they get it sorted

4. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I am a bit of a + fan & but I have experienced a couple of recording failures. I find it most anoying to have started recording then failed. For some reason I've noticed a couple of power glitches throughout the house - power flicking off for a split second. I am unsure if this has been something to do with my consumer unit or my supply. Either way it's buggered up recordings at least twice. If it was on vid it would record until the 'glitch' then you could pinpoint a time but with + I get nothing but recording failed. Consequently I don't know whats happened. I've experienced failures on 4 occasions, twice there's been some sort of glitch in power. Once my kettle element blowing tripped my rcds for the sockets & buggerred up the recording.The third I was out (so I don't know). It may be delicate but I just hope its not all +s fault cos then it's as buggy as Brogan suggested.