1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No rattle, just humm

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by krzyd, Oct 13, 2002.

1. krzyd

krzyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My powered sub starts to hum occasionally, it seems to happen during a commercial when I'm watching TV, it gets progressively louder until I have to switch it off. If I turn it right back on, the hum stops, I picked up a ground loop isolator and the humming is less frequent, but it still shows up. I've got a 25 foot run from the sub output to the sub. Would a power conditioner help?

2. Geoffc10

Geoffc10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Return it to the store to get fixed.

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i doubt it. If it was a power problem, then i wouldnt happen just when watching ads..... unless there is something in the signal from the ads that isnt present otherwise. Hmmmmmmm, slightly miffed to be honest. Have you managed to reproduce the problem with and dvd's or other medium? What channel if any does it specifically happen on?

ad

4. krzyd

krzyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Update - I have a different sub in the system now, and guess what? SAME !@#$%^& PROBLEM! Has anyone seen a similar problem? Any help would be appreciated.

5. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,135
    It might be a mains or earth loop problem. Unplugg as many components as you can but leave the sub on. Check to see if the problem happens again.