1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no pv500 available at comet in cantbury

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by longy, Sep 4, 2005.

1. longy

longy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    i went into comet yesterday to see what sort of deals they were doing, had a talk with an assistant and he said they had none in stock,i asked why he said they had a (bad batch come in), all of them had line through middle of screen so they sent them back to panasonic.and he said they wont get any more for at least a month.i dont think i will get a panasonic then with all the problems associated with these screens.

2. blasthand

blasthand
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Longy,

I've had my 42pv500cab for about 3-3.5 weeks now and all I can say is it's a great set. I've seen none of the issues mentioned all over the forum and have watched films in the correct aspect ration from about day 3. I just made sure I switched it into cinema mode and turned the contrast and brightness settings down to just under 50%. This week I ran my setup disc (Ultimate DVD platinum) to tweak the piccie, and this lowered the contrast & brightness further (gr8 pic' though!)

All I would say is don't let all the bad publicity put you off - be a shame to miss out on a great set - I couldn't be happier with mine.

Cheers,
    Mark.

3. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got the 37" version and all i can say is that this set is the DOG'S NADS!

Nuff said!

4. Branko

Branko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What does the ultimate set up disc do then and where can you get one please? Many thanks.

5. longy

longy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    do any of u guys notice the contrast changing cheers

6. blasthand

blasthand
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Longy,

I've only seen the contrast change once, and that was on the Universal logo at the start of 1 film. I've NEVER seen it under normal viewing. I don't have a bad thing to say about this set - it blows away anything else I've had before...40, 41, 44" crt rear-pro's, and don't talk to me about the LG44" dlp I had...

Branko,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-0836977-4577265

A few years old now I know, and most people reference the DVE these days for setup, but for me this does a great job, and has always calibrated my sets extremely well (imho). The only set it couldn't calibrate was the LG dlp I had

Cheers,
    Mark.