1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Projection - Barco data 801s?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sinbrad, Jun 27, 2003.

1. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    okay Guys, Have just been trying to get my pj up and running, first time experimenting with barco. Everything powers up and looks okay. Only one problem - NO PICTURE!!! Opened up the cover and there are a few lights? Exactly what lights should be lit and which shouldn't? Is there a fault diagnosis light array? What can the possible problem be? Remember first time barco user so go easy PLEASE

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Fist off becareful some of the metal heatsinks are live to mains others have voltages similar to those on overhead powerlines.

When you power the projector up can you hear the EHT crakling. this should take about a second or two after the fans start up

On the side of the projector is an array of 8 LEDs all of these should be alight with the projector running.

Assuming they are all up
    At the very back of the projector is a black metal plate attached with two silver screws. there are two holes in the plate. with the projector running can you see a red led alight inside? This would indicate a fault on the EHT circuit.

There are loads of other tests to do but lets establish where the fault is first.

3. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland, First off thanks. Secondly, unfortunately there is no crackling sound. Also no red led and there are seven of the eight lights lit - the one not lit is scan fail? next step please

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    My best guess is you have a broken horizontal or vertical deflection board. this is fairly comon.

Try reseating the boards first just in case but changing them out is about the only alternative.

5. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok Roland thanks again, but which one is which. You see no manual to look at! Also if it's the case of changing them out, what is the best way to go about it and where do I get a replacement. Basically what is the best way forward?

6. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    They feed back too each other there's no way of telling without replacing one if that doesn't work its the other.

I should have these in stock

7. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, Roland. Is there a way I can tell which one it is? Can I contact you direct?

8. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    You have mail sir

9. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland, tried to pm you but no luck. Just wondered what mail?

10. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roland, tried contacting you via other means, no joy. Did you have any luck with locating the boards? Any other ideas what could be the problem. Have sent you email at b4 as I only have 2 weeks to sort problem out before departing for sunnier climates

11. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Amazing what a couple of emails and a phonecall can achieve, Thanks to Henry and James from crt projector up and running, what a picture.

Oh and thanks Roland for not helping