• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question no power to Toshiba 42vl863

demonizer84

Novice Member
hi so yeh, there is no power to the TV mentioned above, as in no standby light, iv taken the back off , and all the fuses seem fine , and there is power coming from the power supply to the actual TV, but from there im at a loss what to be testing, iv tried finding videos but none iv found seem to relate to what im looking for , and iv found conflicting videos, some saying do one thing some say do another.

so what should i be looking for and where should i be testing.

EDIT-

ok so while iv been scratching my head iv fiddled about some more and found what i think to be the next texting part.

the board in the middle, the big yellowish one where the power supply connects too in the top left corner there is the cable that connects to the other power board (sorry im not that technical)

listed in the key the pins are labelled as followed

PWM
BL on/off
option
gnd led
gnd led
gnd led
24v led
24v led
24v led

so im not sure which of those im meant to be looking at that could maybe narrow my problems down.

also when the power cable is connected im hearing a faint screeching sound coming from the centre of the tv somewhere.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom