No power to Pioneer KRP 600M

Chopalua

Standard Member
Hello-

Seeking some assistance after reviewing the Owner's Manual and Trouble-Shooting. The new unit has been in home for 3 days.

While watching a movie, the monitor just powered off. The red Stand-by display flashes red. I have powered the unit down manually at the monitor and turned it back on with the remote. The blue power button stays on for a couple seconds, then reverts back to the flashing red Stand-by.

I have done the following already:

1. currently removed plug from unit to power down for at least 45 minutes.
2. powered down all other equipement-receiver, blu-ray and cable box.
3. I have double-checked that the panamax wall mount is working properly.
4. No issues with house breaker.

Any advice on what the issue is?

Kev12

The number of red flashes indicates to a Pioneer engineer what the fault is.
Has it got overheated somehow?
It looks like a call to the shop:(

Chopalua

Standard Member
Kev12-

The standby flashes two times. Checked to see if it had overheated, but not the case. I have now let it sit completely powered off for over an hour, plugged it back to source, hit the main shutoff button so that the standby was solid red, then hit the stand/by button on the right side of the unit. This briefly turned the blue power button on for a second, then it went back to flashing stand/by.

I've also tried powering it up via the Pioneer Receiver.

I've been researching the net to see what the remedy to these symptoms are. For a new unit that was set up by the Pioneer techs (we have a Pioneer store here in Phoenix), I am surprised we are having these issues. We currently own a 50" Elite and have not had any problems with it.

Any suggestions on what the two blinks on Stand/by mean?

Thank you

Kev12

Kev12-

The standby flashes two times. Checked to see if it had overheated, but not the case. I have now let it sit completely powered off for over an hour, plugged it back to source, hit the main shutoff button so that the standby was solid red, then hit the stand/by button on the right side of the unit. This briefly turned the blue power button on for a second, then it went back to flashing stand/by.

I've also tried powering it up via the Pioneer Receiver.

I've been researching the net to see what the remedy to these symptoms are. For a new unit that was set up by the Pioneer techs (we have a Pioneer store here in Phoenix), I am surprised we are having these issues. We currently own a 50" Elite and have not had any problems with it.

Any suggestions on what the two blinks on Stand/by mean?

Thank you

Sorry, can't help you there.
Its probably a power supply fault, but I'm far from being an expert. But with it only being 3 days old, I'd contact the dealer and get it swapped out.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom