No Polks for me....

Boots2

Standard Member
or Bose for that matter...

So many subs and not enough money to buy and try them all. I'm looking for recommendations.

I am considering these pups in the $600 to $700 range:

SVS SB12-NSD
HSU VTF-2 MK4
Outlaw LFM-1 EX
Velodyne 80-EQM10BV EQ-Max

My receiver is a Nakamichi R1 @ 80/100 watts per into Canton CT-1000s, all vintage and still beautiful. I also switch in Audioengine A5+s for a kick. I listen to rock and fusion jazz. Right now I am listening to Tedeschi Trucks Band. Movies are not important.

TIA

Boots

MemX

If movies aren't important then Sealed would definitely be the way to go as you get the tightness needed for music and don't have to worry about wall-shaking depth :)

As you have mentioned $, are you in the US or UK? If you're in the US then you might also consider the PSA / Power Sound Audio (I think?) subs - they have an ethos similar to the SVS range but are a bit cheaper IIRC.

Would DIY be an option for you? For that sort of money you could build something great :)

Boots2

Standard Member
Thanks MemX

I am in the US. I checked out PSA.... the guys there came from SVS. They've got some sick subs.

For the WAF smaller is better so I am inclined to go with SVS for the sealed box. PSA was not cheaper.

Appreciate the tips.

Boots

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom