No playback when JVC GR DV1 in docking station

pinnate

Novice Member
I am trying to transfer old minidvds to my PC from my JVC GR DV1 camcorder. On it's own it plays back the tapes okay. I can connect the docking station to the PC with the video and audio red/yellow/white cables and also by S video cable. My PC acknowledges the connected device. I have some free VHS to DVD software which acknowledges the set up. However, when I press play the tape doesn't move. I've tried the play buttons both on the actual camcorder and the play button on the docking station. It doesn't play. However, if I take the camcorder out of the docking station and press play then the tape playsback fine.
Does anyone know what's wrong, or if there is some other way I can transfer the minidvds? The camcorder is too old for a firewire. I have one AV out port and DV in on the camcorder; and JLIP (not sure I have the right cables/software for this), Video, Audio, DC -out, S Video and DC -in on the docking station.
Thanks a lot for any help

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom