No picture with Xbox 360 elite and Sharp LC32GA6E thru HDMI

M

Mrs Shoes

Just got a Xbox 360 elite, however I get no picture through the HDMI port. It appears to recieve a signal as it says it's displaying in WXGA 768, but there is no picture at all, just a black screen. My PS3 works through HDMI on my TV, displaying at 720p.
I have tried the xbox elite on my friends Sony LCD via HDMI and it works fine. Anyone else having these problems? Please, can anyone help?

That Kid Chris

Standard Member
I also have the same problem and the same TV. There must be a way around this surely?

Someone PLEASE help or this console is going back to the shops!

WibXL

Yeah me and that kid chris worked out that it was because that partcular TV can't accept the default resolution over HDMI but if you have another HDMI TV or a friend has one hook it up to that and then select 720p and turn it off. Now when you connect it back up to your TV it should work.

lipkicker

Standard Member
Just got a Xbox 360 elite, however I get no picture through the HDMI port. It appears to recieve a signal as it says it's displaying in WXGA 768, but there is no picture at all, just a black screen. My PS3 works through HDMI on my TV, displaying at 720p.
I have tried the xbox elite on my friends Sony LCD via HDMI and it works fine. Anyone else having these problems? Please, can anyone help?

I Have the same issue with an lg-32ga6e , there is no signal when connected via hdmi and on the HD component i have no sound

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED EVO Review (OLED65G1)
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom