No Picture Through HDMI from PC to Pioneer VSX-527

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by simsini, Feb 19, 2013.

1. simsini

simsini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +773
    I am using trying to use HDMI for my desktop Windows 8 PC (Radeon HD 7870 graphics card) through the receiver to a Panasonic television. When I plug the HDMI cable directly into the television, the picture is displayed without a problem 1080p @ 60hz. It also works when plugged directly into my Acer monitor.
    However, there is no picture when it is connected through the receiver. The television displays 1080p @ 60hz briefly with no picture before being fixed at 1080p @ 24hz and rather oddly displaying a combination of white noise and the previous signal that went through the receiver.

Does anyone know of any setting that could be changed to get this working? The PC is currently outputting the signal 1920x1080 @ 60hz, so I'm not sure why the receiver is trying to display a 24hz signal.

Any help would be appeciated. :)

2. Chushajo

Chushajo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Not sure if it would be the same for pioneer but I had to fiddle with the pass through settings on my onkyo to get my htpc up and running

3. DavidT

DavidT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Do a search for "EDID issues", this sounds like it may be the same problem.

David