no picture on projector from ps3

P

panopticon

hi all. i own an infocus ls 100 screenplay projector and a ps3 and a 50"plasma.

ps3 works fine on plasma. projector has M1 DVI PORT, so i buy a dvi-d female to M1 DVI male cable. i also bought a male hdmi to male dvi-d cable to connect to the previous cable. all cables fit but when i turn on the ps3 and projector no image appears. the projector is HDCP complient but i don't get the "an hdmi device has been recognized" message or anything for that matter of fact.

i don't think the handshake is being made between the projector and the ps3. can anyone enlighten me as to why i can't transmit an uncompressed hd signal to my projector. i can get a picture on my projector using the ps3 av multi cable to component but that limits my picture to 720p.

hi all. i own an infocus ls 100 screenplay projector and a ps3 and a 50"plasma.

ps3 works fine on plasma. projector has M1 DVI PORT, so i buy a dvi-d female to M1 DVI male cable. i also bought a male hdmi to male dvi-d cable to connect to the previous cable. all cables fit but when i turn on the ps3 and projector no image appears. the projector is HDCP complient but i don't get the "an hdmi device has been recognized" message or anything for that matter of fact.

i don't think the handshake is being made between the projector and the ps3. can anyone enlighten me as to why i can't transmit an uncompressed hd signal to my projector. i can get a picture on my projector using the ps3 av multi cable to component but that limits my picture to 720p.

have you set video out on the ps3 to hdmi

the ps3 works with my benq w100 with a hdmi-dvi cable

hi. thanks for taking the time to reply. there isn't an output setting in the menu, not that i'm aware of. there is only a setting that allows you to choose what type of input your tv is. when i reset the machine by holding down the power on button for 5seconds (two beaps) with the hdmi adapter connector plugged from my playstation to plasma, it detects the hdmi panel and asks if i want to use that device. as far as i am aware the ps3 decides what video output it is going to use at bootup depending on what video out is plugged into the back of it. i.e. if i remove the hdmi cable, and reboot with av multi out to component in to the plasma it boots up in lowest res. setting and i have to manually configure the input to av multi out component in to achieve 720p/1080i. when i reset the ps3 using my plasma to config hdmi, i power down ps3 and take to the projector room. i plug in using hdmi out(male) to male dvi-d connected to female dvi-d to M1(DVI) i don't get the message appearing saying hdmi device detected do you want to use that device and switch to optimal settings? the projector click over to computer 1 input(digital) as if it is power cycling and receiveing a voltage but the screen stays black. do you get the message saying hdmi device detected? i phone uber av guru who confirmed my suspicians that the hdcp handshake was not being made because either piece of equipment was requiring a software upgrade. he said this sort of **** is happening all around the world:)

hi
i do get the hdmi device detected screen

you can change the output manually in the settings menu
select HDMI then optical for the audio
then keep pressing right on the pad until you get the confirm screen
i tried it that way as a test for you and it worked on my benq w100 :smashin:

hi matti:) hows things? i managed to bring up the hdmi device detected prompt. the projector seems to cycle and displays the h d resolution info in the bottom left hand corner but still no picture. i can't obviously toggle across to the right to reset the video setting as there is no display:( i have ordered a female hdmi to M1(EVC)DVI Adapter and will see if that makes any difference. will let you know. i have to wait to get it sent from another island:(

cheers for replying and trying to help.

yours sincerely
panopticon

Hi,

On my HS10 i had to change on the projector settings the HDMI (DVI) setting from "Computer" to "Video GRB" to get picture from my PS3.

I had the same problem as you so try to cycle trhough the projector menu to see if you have similiar options...

hi mutley. thankyou for taking the time to reply. i am glad you have had some success. i have tipped the projector menu upside down and inside out, switched from pal to ntsc as the projector can handle both and still no picture. will let you know once i receive the female hdmi-m1(evc)adapter. in the mean time i will just have to do with the 50" pioneer plasma:)

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom