No picture on my Panasonic TH42PA20

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by aliman, Apr 4, 2004.

1. aliman

aliman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,
    I bought my Panny Th42pa20 in August last year.Worked great up until last month when the power supply packed in.This was replaced under warranrt although I had to wait nearly 3 weeks for an engineer to come and rectify the problem.That in my opinion is unacceptable considering I paid 3.5k for my Plasma.Anyhow I thought my problem was fixed for good.No such luck for me there.Only yesterday I switched on the Panny with the hope of relaxing and watching Matrix Revolutions but to my horror there was no picture.I couldn't get a picture from any source.All I get now are white horizental lines fillng the screen.
    As this was my first Plasma purchase I feel really disappointed.I have always been a fan of Panasonic products but this whole experience has put me off now.I may never buy any of their products again.
    Has anyone else experienced similar problems.Any feedback will be welcome.:mad:

2. aliman

aliman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can somebody please help.Surely someone must have had a similar problem.Please help!!

3. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Contact your retailer and ask them to send someone to look at your screen.

4. aliman

aliman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alot Elvis,
    I did as you advised and got a much better result than I expected.I spoke to Panasonic directly and told them how disappointed I was with the reliability of such an expensive product.Without too much convincing they offered to arrange for a replacement and better still,a full refund.You can imagine after reading so much negative stuff about Panasonic customer service on these forums, I was over the moon with their response.
    Because I had thrown the original packaging away I now have to wait for them to send me the replacement packaging. I can then take it back to the dealer (PRC Direct) I bought it from for a full refund. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
    Now I have to decide on what I'm going to buy as a replacement. I'm aware that the new PE30 is going to be available this month but the question of how reliable is this new Panny going to be arises in my head.What if I have the same problem again. I know the PQ of the panny is very good and I was very happy until the problems started. I am considering the pioneer 434HDE so I would like your advise Elvis on whether to go for the Pioneer or wait and see how good the PE30 is going to be before I jump the gun again.
    Your words of wisdom will be highly appreciated.
    Once again thanks for your good advice.:thumbsup:

5. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There any many more knowledgeable individuals on this forum than I. I have a 42pa20 on order at the moment so I hope your experiences with this screen are not typical.

As for a replacement; both pioneer and panasonic make good screens, at the end of the day the best screen depends on you preferences. Have a look at the Panny v Pioneer black levels thread to see what I mean. If you can wait then view both when the pe30 comes out, although, as it's largley the same as the pa20 inside it's unlikely to offer anything unexpected in terms of PQ.

6. aliman

aliman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wish you all the best Elvis. I hope you have better luck with your Panny than I did with mine. Do let us know how you get on.
    As Elvis mentioned in his post above , It would be great if somebody with more experience could help me in choosing my next plasma. Any positive feed back from any relailers could result in a sale . So give us feel free to advise.