1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No picture from AVR300

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by Barend, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Barend

Barend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi folks,
    Am I missing something obvious here?

I don't use the AVR300 for video switching, as I have an Iscan HD+.
    However, to view the AVR300 setup onscreen, I have to connect the mon output to the plasma through a separate composite cable, which means I have to switch inputs on the Plasma just for using the setup.

Connecting the same cable (or S-Video, or component) to an unused input of the scaler does not produce any picture!
    I wonder why not, since every input of the Iscan scales to DVI 576p perfectly- using dvi (DVD), component (satbox) and composite (vcr) as inputs resp.

Any idea?

2. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Hi,

Somebody else correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the On Screen Display output's through a progressive signal. I think I get this same problem when I use the AVR300 to switch progressive output from my XBOX. I don't get the OSD when I play a 480p output, but when I have a 480i output, I do.

Hope that helps

Andy

3. Barend

Barend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks Andy,
    Worth a try...will try setting my scaler's o/p to interlaced, if that works my problem is solved as I can remotely switch the scaler back and forth.
    Cheers