1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No picture.. Can anyone help???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Subrata_dg, May 19, 2004.

1. Subrata_dg

Subrata_dg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I am setting up my Yamaha rds5640. Previously my dvd player (pioneer dv360) was directly connected to my tv by scart lead.
    Now I want all my tv inputs should come from the receiver. The setup looks like this now.

My dvd phono outputs are plugged into dvd inputs of my receiver using 3x phono lead.
    My dvd coaxial digital output is plugged into coaxial input of my receiver using a coaxial lead.
    The 'monitor out' of my receiver is connected to my tv using phono to scart lead (My tv has just a scart input).

Now when I play any dvd the sound comes out alright but there is no picture.

I tried the same thing with a friends receiver Marantz SR5200 with the same result. :confused:

Any ideas what could be going wrong. Since both the receivers don't work as expected I am forced to believe that there is something wrong with my setup or cables.

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,778
    Silly question, but have you manually selected the relevant AV input on your TV. It won't auto-switch to this input with the described setup.

If yes - is the relevant AV input on the TV configured to accept a composite video signal (as opposed to either SVideo or RGB)?

3. Subrata_dg

Subrata_dg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Nigel,
    Thanks for your reply.

The reply to both the questions are yes. Actually I had repeated this same setup with a Denon AVR3300 receiver for a friend (with the same tv and dvd player) sometime back and it had worked fine. I don't think it is something to do with the tv setting.

Is there anything else you reckon???

Subrata_dg

4. Subrata_dg

Subrata_dg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No worries. :thumbsup: It was all due to faulty lead. Working fine now.

Thanks a lot to everyone and especially to Nigel.

Thanks.