NO picture/black screen! TV not working?!!

Shoo

Standard Member
Reaction score
So. I just wanted to sit down, enjoy a nice breakie and watch some tv. I see the usual red standby-dot on the bottom right corner of my LCD TV, I hit the Power-button my remote, the red light vanishes and zing! NOTHING happens!! No picture! The screen remains black! The red dot that was there have not returned either. Usually, there is a green light that blinks 2-3 times before the screen comes "alive", but now there is NOTHING! All is blank!

I have tried to switch power cables, switch the power outlets and even the remote control batteries, but no reaction!

WHAT can be wrong and HOW can I manage to fix this, except buying a new TV!

I see some screws where the power cable is connected that I can unscrew, maybe I should try doing so, or..?

The LCD TV is a LG 37LC41 - Yes, it is one old tv, but me and my neighbour each bought the same TV at the same time and his tv is still working! Sadly I cannot borrow his tv because it's "occupied"... So yeah, buying a new tv will not happen just yet...

Right now I am so desperate that I am BEGGING for help, literally... So yeah, thanks a bunch in advance!

WHAT can be wrong and HOW can I manage to fix this, except buying a new TV!

I see some screws where the power cable is connected that I can unscrew, maybe I should try doing so, or..?

Sorry to be blunt but that last sentence confirms you wouldn't have a clue where to start so my advice would be for you not to touch your set but get hold of a local newspaper or Yellow Pages and look for Tv repairs adverts.
Phone around a few, tell them the make, model no and symptoms and ask for an estimate for repairing it.

Hi.
The fact the TV reacted atall suggests your remote and batteries are good.
Unplug the TV for a half an hour or so and try again.
The switch mode power supplies used in these devices can easily deliver a lethal electrical shock even after being unplugged so do not dismantle unless you're happy managing that risk.
--
Regards, Iain.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom