No phone line - SKY+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by rosbif, Oct 2, 2003.

1. rosbif

rosbif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I have bought a SKY+ box and have just rung SKY to ask for a second hand SKY+ subscription (as suggested here) as I can't connect it to the phone line....

SKY tell me there is no such thing! :mad: I have spoken to one muppet who just cut me off as it was obviously too complicated tocope with, then tried the new business department who had never heard of such a thing. Spoke to the 'manager' who thought that the phone line was necessary for the whole thing to work - changing channels, interactive sport, the EPG!!! He is 'getting back to me'.

Does anyone actually have a SKY+ subscription bought for a non-subsidised box that is not connected to the phone line? If so, could you tell me which department you spoke to to get it?

TIA
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly, as you live in France you will have a problem getting asny kind of subscription!

Secondly, assuming you have a UK address too, you needn't tell them that it is secondhand, you didn't post a link to your thread so I can't see the recommendation.

Are you subscribing to Sky or just the Sky+ features? If you are attempting to do the latter you could have a problem as, according to sky, there is nolonger such a thing as a Free To View card.

If you are subscribing to sky with two premium packages you should be able to get the Sky+ features free!

Dave

3. rosbif

rosbif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is all sorted now - they called me back eventually having discovered that yes there was such a thing as a second hand SKY+ contract... They thought it highly amusing that I should want one as they are convinced that the box needs to be connected to the phone line for the recording features to work! And this is the people selling the stuff!

I have a normal SKY subscription anyway so it should be free - I shall keep the old box for the free channels...