1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

no phone connection

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Djemmo, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Djemmo

Djemmo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to connect my second box (amstrad) to a phone line as part of the deal, I have been told that this is not connected, the telephone socket and the cable is ok ( its not a special one is it?) the box says that no telephone line is connected, sky says that the modem in the box is faulty , could this be the case? if so can it be changed or is it easier and cheaper to buy a new pace box on offer at £107. cheers--- Dave

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Do you have ADSL broadband ? If you have, the Sky box needs an ADSL filter, or it may not dial out properly.

3. Djemmo

Djemmo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I have adsl broadband, at which point do I connect the filter straight into the back of the box or at the phone socket - I'm at work now I'll try it when I get home. Dave

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The filter can go anywhere between the phone socket and the Sky box. I have mine plugged into the same socket as my phone, via a two-way adaptor plugged into the ADSL filter.