1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No penalty for quitters on PES4!!

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by CAS FAN, Nov 23, 2004.

1. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    see here.

This is a shame really and I hope Konami patch this. It's not a problem playing against people you know I guess but when playing ranking games quitters will just bail out if they are going to lose! One guy on the evo-web forum even said that he got a loss on his profile after someone quite whilst he was winning 3-1!!

They need to sort this or it will ruin the online process. :mad:

2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    That is bad news.

Its a shame the sad beggars who give a monkeys about their online "kudos" are trying to ruin it already!

3. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    Yeah, the AV forums cup should be a good laugh though. I'm sure Konami will patch this soon though as it will just annoy people too much if you can't get a decent online game without someone quitting each time you get a decent lead against them. The "other game" has got this side right by including a quitting penalty and the annoying thing is that including such a penalty is probably a very easy thing to implement.

4. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Anyone got this yet. Is the official release better that the bent copies that were doing the rounds ? Got this on pre order from Amazon.... Im going to kick your arse on live gthom :devil:

Well probably not I am S*** at Pro evo :(

5. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    hehe i'll look forward to it Harris :D

No got it yet but it's supposed to be a lot better now with the filter removed so the graphics are a lot sharper & more colourful. There is also no slowdown and the game is supposed to run a tad quicker than the PS2 version.

6. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Yeah all that is great, what isnt great is the adaptor i bought becase konami have made it so all the buttons can't be mapped. :mad: on the beta version i had the pad mapped just like on the ps2 but on the retail you have to have L1 (player change) on L2 and L2 as L1. and i'm finding it hard to stop pressing L1 which now does'nt change my player. so now they have changed my controls around you all have a chance to beat me. :rotfl:

7. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    Yeah I read about that. To be fair i'm going to learn from scratch with an XBox pad as I only see myself playing the XBox version in future. There may be first round shock exits for the Cas Fan & LFC Fan! :D I just hope it comes from Gameplay a day early so I have Thursday to get used to it. :smashin:

8. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,340
    Ah, the excuses start already ;) See you in round 2, if I make it that far! I think the world and his dog has ordered from Gameplay. I'm hoping too that I get it on thurs from them, 'cause I need all the practice I can get...

9. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Oh never mind round 2 matey your my new no1 target :devil: i'll add you to my list & have you a game tomorrow if we both get it. anyone else feel free to add me for a game.

10. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    WHats your tag ? Its released on Friday isnt it, Amazon havent shipped mine yet :( Went for first class shipping this time though so fingers crossed.

11. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,340
    Bring it on! :D It'll be fun to see how good I am after 5 years of playing the series, but not playing anyone except the few people that I know that play it when they're round my house. Am I about to be seriously embarrassed by the online community? Hope not, and can't wait to find out...

12. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Same problem here i only play my bro (who is crap lol) and a few mates that aint that good either. so it will be a good test online and i can't wait.

Harris my tag is Killa Uk

13. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I doubt it. I am seriously crap at it from what I have seen on the beta version. Better get practicing.

14. Gizmo 76

Gizmo 76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +522
    As a fellow liverpool fan (oh what a fun season so far!!) i'll look out for you tomorrow, hopefully should have it by then.

I'm also just use to one of my mate's playing style, so it will be interesting to play against some others :smashin:

15. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    I think most of us are in a similar position, in that we have only played against mates etc and as 'we' can beat them we think were good, but 'live' will certainly tell me that i am infact about as good as Liverpool's strikers!

16. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I think that last bit is uncalled for :mad: :laugh:

17. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    :rotfl: @LFC FAN

Right, just played my 1st game offline, have to say it run sooooo much smoother than the PS2 verion its just silly :) The extra xbox power really helps it run along nicely and the graphical enhancements are obvious as well. But i guess we all know how good evo 4 is so these are my minor gripes with the game:

The screen doesn't fit :mad: Its only really minor but on team selection it misses off the first letter of the player name on the left hand side, you can obviously move the screen position but then it just does it to the last letter of the other side. I'm running my xbox in high-def using soft mod so maybe on RGB it will fit.

The Black Button: i have an original size pad(the duke) which i prefer over the 's' pad but due to the location of the black button i keep pressing the B button instead, i'm sure i will get used to it but at the moment it's annoying.

For single player they are about the only minus' i can pick out after one game, so other than those mentioned above it's looking like it's going to be as good as we all hoped would be :thumbsup:

I have also played one game on 'live'. I used quickmatch to find a game and was paired with an Italian guy who claimed to be playing his first match, but shortly after kick-off it was obvious he was somewhat familiar on how to play(cut a long story short he whooped me, think i had 2 shots!). But it hurts me to say that its not as smooth online as it is off. It's a bit like playing Evo 3, players seemed to take a second or so to react after i'd pressed the button or direction, now i'm hoping that its because i was playing someone not in the uk and the match was hosted by him, because he didn't seem to have any problems, so i'm optimistic that if its not just because of the country issue that Konami will sort it quickly because other than this slight niggle it's top fun online, voice is really clear(except his broken english(which was 100 times better than my Italian)), there are time limits involved for all dead-ball situations and half-time so your not having to wait ages to get going again etc.

Oh, one other thing, if any of you found it difficult to score in Evo 4 on the PS2, the bads news is it STILL IS!

18. Gizmo 76

Gizmo 76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +522
    Nice write up 'Iamtheone', glad to hear that it's working in Hi-Def :clap:, the alterations you need to do to the screen can't be any worse than the stretching and adjusting you have to do with Burnout 3, it's like an old 50Hz conversion in terms of screen size :laugh:

I've just about got use to the tucking them away in PS2, so I don't mind it being a little bit harder. Is the heading as tricky as the PS2 version, while I've started to able to put them away more than I use to, I still lack power and direction on too many occassions for my liking!!

How do the graphics look in Hi-Def, super sharp, smooth with all the crowd noises and corner action etc...

How are the chip buttons configured now, on the PS2 it's L1 for the old style high chip and then R2 for the lower chip (or double press I believe is select able?!?). I'm always chipping shots so hopefully i'll get use to what ever they've decided, I presume 'sprint' will be on a trigger, but what about 'player selection'??

Tomorrow can't come soon enough!! :D

19. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Gizmo, i've only played the one game still but here goes:
    Looks good, richer i'd say you'd call it. I don't have the Official HD pack yet(liksang say its in the post :mad: )but it's still really crisp from the jobby gamester pak. Corners are slow-down free, i played at Old Trafford with full crowd no problem. Crowd noise is good, makes fair use of Dolby Dig.

Certainly is. Hard to keep them down again. Same goes for volleys, but more direction than height.

Chip button i can only guess at, not read manual yet :blush: i'd say that they will either be L-Trigger or Black. Sprint is R-Trigger with player change as L-Trigger. Tactics are reserved for White.

20. Gizmo 76

Gizmo 76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +522
    Cheers for the reply mate :smashin: , i'll look you up on LIVE when I get it!!

21. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Forget what i said about it not being as smooth on live as it is single player. I just played a game that I hosted and it was as smooth as a babies bum. No lag, no jerkyness, just pure footy bliss. It also helped that i won 2-0 with a skoorcher from Solsjkaer from 20 yards. :thumbsup:

22. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    Sounds great!!! I can;t wait unfortunately no email to say mine has shipped today :( . I've gone for 1st class so i'm still hopefull for Friday :thumbsup:

Regarding the previous discussion - I am also the same in terms of who i've played - Played my Bro & 3 mates. One mate has beaten me twice is probably about 100+ games, another is pretty good but rarely beats me and another is more closely matched although I win considerably more than I lose (drew 2 and won 4 today against him but it's not always that cut and dried). My Bro is also pretty decent but I generally beat him as well.

It will be very interesting to see if i'm actually any good, although I expect there to be loads of people miles better than me. Playing online should improve everyones game as well due to the diversity of players.

23. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,340
    Just checked my Gameplay account - shipped today! Looks good for Thurs... :clap:

24. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    Yeah same here, not had an email but checked the account and it was shipped on 24th!!! Get in :thumbsup: Please, please come tomorrow!!

Is anyone at home during the day tomorrow?

25. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    Basically i'd say for the 1st round of the cup that we should have a 1 week window from Friday 26/11/2004 until midnight on Thursday 2/12/2004 for the games to be played. Sort out with whoever you are playing a convenient time for your game & play it then. Once a time is sorted this should be posted on the website and then if a player backs out they forfeit the game. The winner should then post the score, along with their gamertag and (if they like) a summary of the game on this forum. Once all results are in the spreadsheet will be updated & posted so that the Quarter Final games can be arranged.

I'm happy to do the spreadsheet updating.

Does this sound ok to everyone?

26. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Yeah that sounds great gthom. :smashin:

27. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    gthom3 - what about game lengths? is this to be decided between the players in a particular round or is everyone to play 10 minutes each half for example?
    Is a draw going to be extra time plus pk's to decide?

mine shipped from gamplay yesterday so fingers crossed it will arrive today..

28. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    YES!!! It's just arrived! :thumbsup:

Game lengths - i'd say 10 min games
    Extra Time - Silver Goal & Then Penalties

Sounds good to me :smashin:

29. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    Just played my first game and it's tricky getting used to the white & black buttons as L2 & R2. The rest of the pad feels a lot better than the PS2 pad for this game. The triggers work great for L1 & R1 and the analogue stick feels much more accurate.

Graphically it's a mixed bag : on the plus side, there is no slowdown and the game plays smoother than the PS2 version. On the -ve side the graphics are not as sharp and seem a bit fuzzy through. I'm comparing both versions via RGB for this.

Also there's a black bar down the right hand side that can not be got rid of by adjusting the screen (the screen just moves behind the black bar when you adjust). That's a minor point though & it doesn't really detract. Personally i'd go for this version due to the smoother gameplay (after all it's gameplay that's important with PES) and the live capability. Just gonna try out LIVE now so i'll get back to you on how that fairs :smashin:

30. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Is it better than the beta ? I hope so the beta looked really poor. If it has improved over that version I am sure the HD feed will get rid of the the fuzzis you mentioned for sure.