No Operation From Battery

Ben6279

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been asked by a friend what I know about PSP's to which my knowledge is squat all, they're made by Sonyaren't they :D
Anyway it seems to work fine with the mains plugged in but nothing at all off the battery.
Thought I'd pop in this bit and ask you guys what you think before we start to borrow batteries and what not.

Cheers

What's the history of the battery? Has it been 'tinkered' with in any way?

What's the history of the battery? Has it been 'tinkered' with in any way?

:confused: Can they be??? :rolleyes:
Looking round on Amazon replacements aren't all that expensive as they've been told by Sony they don't have any in stock. Are the non Sony branded ones any good?

:confused: Can they be??? :rolleyes:
Looking round on Amazon replacements aren't all that expensive as they've been told by Sony they don't have any in stock. Are the non Sony branded ones any good?

Yes you can change the state of a PSP battery, PSP batteries have small chip in them and this can be configured to be a “Pandora” battery. Batteries in this state when used with a magic memory stick can resurrect a bad flashed PSP or convert a PSP to custom firmware, but in the Pandora state they will not work as a standard battery. Someone with CFW could reconfigure it.
As for third party batteries I've use a Datel Max power for the last six months with no problems (my old Sony one is a Pandora just in case;))

Yes you can change the state of a PSP battery, PSP batteries have small chip in them and this can be configured to be a “Pandora” battery. Batteries in this state when used with a magic memory stick can resurrect a bad flashed PSP or convert a PSP to custom firmware, but in the Pandora state they will not work as a standard battery. Someone with CFW could reconfigure it.
As for third party batteries I’ve use a Datel Max power for the last six months with no problems (my old Sony one is a Pandora just in case;))

I wouldn't imagine it has. It's being used I think as a typical PSP was intended to. Typical 7 year old with non technically minded parents.
I take it a third party battery could be an easy and cheap route to see if this fixes it then.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom