1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no on screen display with Denon AVR-1905

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by cygnusx1, Dec 26, 2004.

Tags:
  1. cygnusx1

cygnusx1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi to all,

have recently setup up my home cinema system, but I cannot get my denon avr-1905 amp to output its system settings on the tv. tv is a toshiba 32ZD26P and I am using the component video jacks from the amp to the tv. Have enabled the on screen display via the denon system settings and tried mode 1 and mode 2 but nothing shows on the tv. Plays dvd,s fine so their is nothing wrong with the output from the amp.

Know its a longshot, but anybody out their know a resolution to this !!

thanks in advace.

Cygnusx1

:lease:

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Are you sure you're using monitor out on the amp to the tv?

Otherwise it sounds like it should work :confused:

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Oh yeah, welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

4. cygnusx1

cygnusx1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just double checked amp to tv, yep i am using monitor out to the tv. Thanks for the welcome.

Cygnusx1 :)

5. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +894
    Check that the Video Input mode is set to Component Fixed. Page 30 of the Manual mentions this.

6. cygnusx1

cygnusx1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jase, my page 30 instructions for the amp is headed "surround modes and parameters" and mentions nothing about setting the video input. Have looked again through the instructions and cannot find anything about setting this function. Any ideas?

thanks,

cygnusx1

7. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +894
    I downloaded the manual online from the USA. The section you need to find is the last page before Section 9 - Remote Control Unit. It says - After Setting up the System - below it is a table about the On-Screen Display Signals. Below this is another note about the Component Video Signal and the Video Input Mode. :)

Section 8 - Setting up the System gives you a table of what's in the Main Setup Menu. The Video Input Mode is the 7th Option.

8. cygnusx1

cygnusx1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is now getting really interesting. I compared the "English" section of my manual with the US one. What did I find? It is not the same, in the "system setup" it follows exactly until you finish the "digital assignment setup" then it jumps to the "auto surround mode setup" missing out completely "video input mode" . This is exactly what happens when you step through the "system setup" on the amp itself. Maybe there is a difference between a US spec machine and one bought in Europe. I bought mine in France as that is where I Live. So I guess the OSD in not possible, but why the manual I have mentions it as a feature in section 4 I do not now. May send a email to Denon, but unlikely to get a response I think!!

thanks for your help Jase, much appreciated.

a very confused cygnus. :eek:

9. mjirvine

mjirvine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you tried using the svideo output to your monitor? maybe this amp can only show the OSD via svideo. I recall this being the case for another amp (but don't remember which).

it is worth trying anyway. just connect up an svideo cable alongside the component and use that inut for the OSD??

good luck

MJI

10. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +894
    Strange one. Might be worth emailing Denon just to see what reply you get. In the meantime you could connect to your TV using the S-video or Composite Monitor Outputs if you want to access the OSD and Setup Menus. Most of the earlier Denon's can't show the OSD via their Component Outputs. It's certainly the case with mine.

11. cygnusx1

cygnusx1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Jase, MJI thanks for the assistance. Will probably do this, have to go out and get the cable first.

thanks again.

cygnusx1 :rolleyes: