No Movie Premieres In Hd?

Oldgold

I'm a little disappointed with the new film channel re-shuffling. Seems to be worse than the previous set up. But the worse thing is that there doesn't seem to be a simulcast of the week's premieres on the HD movie channels.

With the old system, the main premiere's, such as the Saturday night one, would also be shown on Sky Movies 9HD or 10HD. Now they only seem to be shown in SD. Seems a backward step. Anyone know why they have done this?

I've just recently subscribed to SkyHD and was looking forward to seeing the movie premieres in HD. Is this a ploy to make people buy the box office films?

Seriously thinking about jacking in the movie channels and subscribing to an online DVD rental company. DVD picture quality is better than Sky SD movie channels and it will be in Dolby Digital.

I'm a little disappointed with the new film channel re-shuffling. Seems to be worse than the previous set up. But the worse thing is that there doesn't seem to be a simulcast of the week's premieres on the HD movie channels.

With the old system, the main premiere's, such as the Saturday night one, would also be shown on Sky Movies 9HD or 10HD. Now they only seem to be shown in SD. Seems a backward step. Anyone know why they have done this?

I've just recently subscribed to SkyHD and was looking forward to seeing the movie premieres in HD. Is this a ploy to make people buy the box office films?

Seriously thinking about jacking in the movie channels and subscribing to an online DVD rental company. DVD picture quality is better than Sky SD movie channels and it will be in Dolby Digital.
i think you got that wrong , if you check the listing there is at least 3 premieres tomorrow night on the hd movie channels:)

yourname00

Standard Member
Movie premieres were never always shown in HD. It is really annoying and I still don't understand why they do it (something to do with movie studios), but it's not something that has "changed" recently. Some premieres will end up getting shown in HD eventually, others like Batman Begins have never been shown in HD.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
yeah not sure whether i like the reshuffle, will have to have a god look to how things have changed!

Some premieres will end up getting shown in HD eventually, others like Batman Begins have never been shown in HD.>

yes i agree , but i think , that is down to warner bros , sky have never shown a warner film that has come out on hd dvd, i dont think warners will allow them due to them thinking they might lose potencial hd sales , bastards:mad:

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
I dont like what sly have done with their movie channels.

Technically they have got rid of 3 of the movie channels because 1 of them is like Box Office which shows the same film for seven days AND EVEN HAS A +1 CHANNEL and the other one (SM8) has been changed to a TCM channel and they have got rid of the Sky Cinema Channels.

Bachstrad

Dont forget some premieres are shown in HD first on Anytime.

Yep, There's been quite a few films on Anytime before they've shown on a movie channel. Lawrence of Arabia was one! :smashin:

ATB

Max

Oldgold

i think you got that wrong , if you check the listing there is at least 3 premieres tomorrow night on the hd movie channels:)

Ok, I take it back about the HD premieres. I didn't notice that until this afternoon. :oops:

I also noticed a couple of the normal movie channels were broadcasting films in Dolby Digital. I didn't think this happened on SD channels.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom