No More Sagem TVs!

HarryBag

Standard Member
Reaction score
In researching my Home Cinema options, I have been swayed by opinion towards a Sagem DLP TV. Commentary within these formums have played no small part in this - so thanks!

However, I have noticed dwindling stocks on the Internet and could not (still can't) find any local stockists to go and view one. So, I rang Sagem on the UK number provided on their website. The guy I spoke to immediately advised that Sagem have stopped producing TVs and that I should keep my eyes open for a bargain while I still can(!). He recommended Tesco but warned that they do not include a warranty (too risky).

Doeas anyone actually know of a stockist in North Kent where I can actually see one in the flesh?

In the meantime, if a Sagem is what you actually want, now is the time!

From what I can see ...... it looks like LCD's are gonna rule !!

right now, the JVC rocks the planet :smashin: until the SXRD arrives

I will be over the moon when you get your SXRD and then maybe just maybe you will stop popping up in every single thread and telling us all how good the SXRD is

dapex said:
I will be over the moon when you get your SXRD and then maybe just maybe you will stop popping up in every single thread and telling us all how good the SXRD is

Well said dapex.:clap:

dapex said:
It is getting a bit tedious, isn't it!

dapex said:

I will laugh so hard, if the Sony turns out to be a big pile of pooh!

either every thread will turn into a discussion about the faults of the SXRD or he will just go quiet or maybe he will defend it to its death:)

I bought a sagem 57 " hd ready tele for £899 last week.
was a get to take home as wouldn't fit in car so had it half hanging out and tied down. covered tele to protect it. Made up with it so far.

Actually, I've often wondered about that viewing distance in anacz1's signature:

anacz1 sig said:
Sony 55'' SXRD, DVD Denon 1920, Yamaha RX-V359 amp, Tannoy Sensys 1 speakers, viewing distance = 8.5ft

That's gotta be wrong, surely - he lives in Southampton but the nearest SXRD is...well...in the Czech Republic somewhere. Still, bet you can't notice the green blobs and any SSE at that distance :) .

That was a bargain, I paid £1200 for my 56"

steandkay said:
I bought a sagem 57 " hd ready tele for £899 last week.

Fab price - where did you get it from??

More than a little out of my way, unfortunately :( .

Thought it was just me being intolerant. However, I have to concur that Anacz is most deffo the human equivalent of that catchy ditty "I know a song that get on your nerves", if you get my drift. :)

my sxrd is better than all your tvs put together!!:D

.......sorry i couldnt resist. i havent got one really, i have a sagem hd d50 g4t and eventually got the humming fixed today so i am now more than happy with it.

...pete

got to say thanks, I did wonder if it was just me getting irriated by the constant banging of the SXRD drum.. nice to know i'm not on my own:)

HarryBag said:
He recommended Tesco but warned that they do not include a warranty (too risky).

didn't think that was possible BUT it wouldn't matter any way, as far as i know you would be protected under the sales of goods act just like you would if you got the tv from JL

HarryBag said:
He recommended Tesco but warned that they do not include a warranty (too risky).

Sagem give a two year warrenty anyway (assuming they are still in business)

pjclark1 said:

Thanks, that's good to know. Now if I can actually track one down to see, I'm laughing...

pjclark1 said:

They might be stopping making tvs but i very much doubt they will go out of business so you'll be fine

HarryBag said:
In researching my Home Cinema options, I have been swayed by opinion towards a Sagem DLP TV. Commentary within these formums have played no small part in this - so thanks!

However, I have noticed dwindling stocks on the Internet and could not (still can't) find any local stockists to go and view one. So, I rang Sagem on the UK number provided on their website. The guy I spoke to immediately advised that Sagem have stopped producing TVs and that I should keep my eyes open for a bargain while I still can(!). He recommended Tesco but warned that they do not include a warranty (too risky).

Doeas anyone actually know of a stockist in North Kent where I can actually see one in the flesh?

In the meantime, if a Sagem is what you actually want, now is the time!

Sagem Axium HD-D45H G4 45 £1250
http://www.bluebuy.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/1930/ref/4

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom