• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

no more insults please ....

The Dude

Distinguished Member
'More football, less Hollyoaks' seems like a damn good idea to me at least.. :thumbsup:

RMCF

Distinguished Member
How can they prove this sort of stuff, thats what annoys me.

If they have no concrete evidence, other than the word from another player, then it seems harsh to fine people or ban them for future games.

Its open to abuse when important games are on the horizon. Say for example Man Utd are playing Chelsea in the run-in to the title, and both are in with a chance. Whats to stop Giggs saying that Lampard called him a 'Welsh sheep sh***ing bastard'?? to get him banned for the run-in which could help Utd win the league.

The powers that be are going to make a balls of the game of football if this sort of nonsense continues.

overkill

Distinguished Member
SOK said:
The powers that be are going to make a balls of the game of football if this sort of nonsense continues.
;) You are correct sir!

D

Deleted member 36193

SOK said:

Too late- they already have.

The Dude

Distinguished Member
We had all the same arguments years ago with Rugby League, they all turned out to be unfounded.

Acting, Sledging, Diving, Cheating are NOT integral parts of football.... there just the symptoms of the general malaise that has been surrounding the game for many many years.....

Modern players have no respect for the game at all, and that can't be a good thing.

RMCF

Distinguished Member
FIFA's ruling on the whole ZZ/Materazzi case just shows how stupid they really are.

I believe they fine ZZ about £2500 (he was earning £100,000+ per week for the last 3 or 4 years so he'll struggle to pay that), plus banned him for 3 games!! How thick are they? They claim its in case he ever comes out of retirement - but I bet he never does. Does this count if he wants to play a Unicef charity match or similar - is he banned?????

And they 'sentence' him to 3 days 'community service' with FIFA - what if he tells them to '**** off' - what can they do about it?

And Materazzi has been fined and banned for giving someone a bit of lip - FIFA have opened a can of worms here and I am sure we will see people abuse it in the coming months.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom