No more drink... ever

Friend of mine had similar, small amounts of alcohol would leave him very ill, turned out he had liver disease that had been left diagnosed. He was booked for a transplant after that, only found out after he went to the GP.

To the OP, don't be a hero, go and see them, if they say it's fine then at least you can then abstain and it's your choice.

Health isn't something to mess around with.

Change from a tenner? I'm surprised :thumbsup:
So was I - £2.35 for the Christmas specials - one was 6% - had some head pain the next day :)

Maybe some bars.
But from speaking to people who live and holiday there, it needn't be that bad.
No offence to @alan280170, because perhaps I'd do the same in his position, but his life seems to be real 'old skool oil excess' whether it be on his own money or the company's.
It's hard to stomach when you hear of people losing jobs willy-nilly in Aberdeen.:(

You find it hard to stomach Alan spending his money on what he wants, earned from an industry that undoubtedly pays well in cases, but involves a lifestyle that many others (read a lifestyle you and I probably would struggle with) i.e. relocating numerous times a year in his case? How very odd....

You find it hard to stomach Alan spending his money on what he wants, earned from an industry that undoubtedly pays well in cases, but involves a lifestyle that many others (read a lifestyle you and I probably would struggle with) i.e. relocating numerous times a year in his case? How very odd....

Like I said, it's like going back in time to when oil was booming and is hard to take when you work in Aberdeen and see how badly it's being hit.
If you find that odd, of no concern to me. :thumbsup:

That's why I like banking - the oil pay, but none of the relocating or risk of explosions :devil:

Guess I might need to borrow a flame suit now :p

Like I said, it's like going back in time to when oil was booming and is hard to take when you work in Aberdeen and see how badly it's being hit.
If you find that odd, of no concern to me. :thumbsup:

He earned the money, my view is that you are making some very spurious assumptions. I was made redundant 3 weeks ago, but I'm not resenting those that are still earning very good money in my ex-team/business.

I resent anyone that earns more than me and lets me know about it constantly:D

Brits are supposed to celebrate failure and understate their earnings.

I guess it's the Americanisation of this island that has made some behave differently.

I'm trying to remember that Dutch (maybe) fellow that always found a way to show his wealth into every single conversation on here.

I'm trying to remember that Dutch (maybe) fellow that always found a way to show his wealth into every single conversation on here.

Was he perchance someone that still manages to be a top-20 poster despite not having posted in over a year? :)

Notable Members | AVForums

Must be a Dutch thing then :devil:

I remember said fellow.
Also claimed he'd never had to raise his voice to his kids ever.
The nannie had though.

With regard to Alan, perhaps I am over-reacting, but he does seem to want to shove his spending ability into everything and it is a little grating when he's so close to home, geographically and professionally.
Regardless of how where the money's come from, I'm still dumbfounded as to how you can spend £500 on booze alone though.

So was I - £2.35 for the Christmas specials - one was 6% - had some head pain the next day :)
Just looked at the bar bill from my wife's Birthday Lunch at a local pub on Sunday, £2.80 for a large Coke :facepalm:.

I remember said fellow.
Also claimed he'd never had to raise his voice to his kids ever.
The nannie had though.
If you are thinking of dejonj, I don't think he ever had a nanny/nannie although he did once mention the SuperNanny program.

If you are thinking of dejonj, I don't think he ever had a nanny/nannie although he did once mention the SuperNanny program.

It was a joke comment using a combo of his wealth and hard to believe comment about him never having to raise his voice to his kids.
Come on, I'm not SBT, you should be able to tell one of my jokes.

Just looked at the bar bill from my wife's Birthday Lunch at a local pub on Sunday, £2.80 for a large Coke :facepalm:.

Yes - it varies wildly - I never check prices before ordering so often get a surprise of some kind. Last week I asked for two pints and handed over a tenner - was amazed to get a note back in my change. But then another time I was out in the 'expensive' part of town - ordered a single G&T and an OJ or something - handed over my tenner and get the 'yes, where's the rest?' look from the barmaid.

Yes - it varies wildly - I never check prices before ordering so often get a surprise of some kind. Last week I asked for two pints and handed over a tenner - was amazed to get a note back in my change. But then another time I was out in the 'expensive' part of town - ordered a single G&T and an OJ or something - handed over my tenner and get the 'yes, where's the rest?' look from the barmaid.
No-way thats appalling, i would shop online it's a lot cheaper.

It was a joke comment using a combo of his wealth and hard to believe comment about him never having to raise his voice to his kids.
Come on, I'm not SBT, you should be able to tell one of my jokes.
My apologies :):thumbsup:

It's killing me that I can't remember the guys name....didn't he live in France or Switzerland and have a career as a scientist??

How is that even possible? o_O
Pretentious drinks?
Pretentious bars with ridiculous tariffs for normal drinks?
How come I can go out, get reasonably hammered and a curry for £100 and you're spending five times that on drink alone?
It's not like we choose the cheapest wine with meals either, but nor do we go for £100+ bottles of Chateau soixante-neuf du papsweat.
£100 for just you? I go out with my partner with £80 between us and that includes food after lmao

S
I'm sure you all think "yeah, right!" with a sarcastic smile when reading the thread title, but that's the truth.

Without dragging the story for too long, I have decided 3 months ago to stop drinking for around 3 months. Now, I should mention here, I'm no alcoholic, or even a very heavy drinker. Normally I'd only had a few beers usually one evening of the week (Friday or Saturday) and rarely get drunk at all, but I like beer and enjoy its taste.

Anyway, more and more often I was getting the worst possible hangovers on the planet (remember, I wasn't even drunk the night before). I'll save you the details, but let's just say the next day I was dying and could not drink anything (not even water) or eat anything or even unable to get up from the bed for the next 24 hours with a fever and a massive headache and dizziness. Very unpleasant. And lately it happened more and more often. I could have 4 pints in the space of 4 or 5 hours (hardly much) and the next day would be terrible.

So 3 months ago I said enough is enough and stopped drinking altogether. The plan was to wait until Xmas time, let the body recover a bit from whatever that is and have a little drink then and see where I am. Well, I've had few beers on Friday night first time in months. It was a little bit of an occasion as one of my mates was here for a short period and I've not seen him a long time. There was a few of us there and I've about 6 x 33cl beers in the space of the evening (from 6pm to 11pm). Wasn't drunk and was hoping it should be alright the next day.

It wasn't. I was dying today big time. All day. I was only able to get up from the bed around 6pm. With nothing to drink and no food with a massive headache I was hardly a good company though. First meal I've had around 8pm. Now am still a bit shaky but much better. Anyway. I think it is time. I think my body is trying to tell me something... so:

Goodbye beer.
Sounds like you may have a reaction to something in beer could be yeast, I was getting a similar effect and it turned out I had coeliac disease so might be worth checking.

S

Sounds like you may have a reaction to something in beer could be yeast, I was getting a similar effect and it turned out I had coeliac disease so might be worth checking.

A mate got one of those intolerance tests done by Boots, turns out he's to avoid most beers as well.
I think the only one he's allowed that I could easily find is Asahi.
Which is nice, so no great hardship, but not everywhere serves it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom