No more anytime?

Buttons76

Hi,

I recently got my Sky upgraded to HD (yes, a few years after everyone else!) but I wasnt in when installed so didn't get chance to ask any questions.... :(

I'm really confused about Anytime / On Demand.
What's happened to it?
I understand that it's been rebranded 'On Demand' yet the menu is really confusing.
Does everything now have to be downloaded? I no longer seem to have a list of films / programmes that I can just watch.

I thought I had sussed it when a few days ago, everything listed in the 'Showcase' menu (albeit just films) was available to watch immediately yet I look today and some are now chargeable :(

Catchup - this seems pretty self explanatory, everything is downloaded :thumbsup:
Library - Everything seems to have to be downloaded :thumbsup:
Movies - everything seems to have to be downloaded :thumbsup:
Sky Store - everything has to be paid for :thumbsup:

For the record, I have no problem having to download things BUT, as happened just a few nights ago... I have to wait for a download to be X complete before I can watch it AND when doing so my broadband is then pretty much unusable whilst doing so - so much so that I have cancelled a download to post this!
That could be an issue with my broadband, I accept that but I am also now concerned that I will exceed my download limit of BB.

Please, if anyone can shed any light or correct me in any way, I will happily put my hand up and admit to being slow...... after all, I've only just got HD! :smashin:

(sorry for long winded post, I wanted to be thorough)

Andy

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
Your concerns are all valid. Maybe a new Broadband supplier? (Showcase still contains the Anytime, pre-downloaded content - you just have to look for it)

Buttons76

I will address BB issue once I'm happy that I'm understanding the Sky correctly, which from your response, I'm pretty close :thumbsup:

So, Showcase is the 'anytime' for want of a better phrase yeh?
How do I tell just by looking at icon if chargeable, to be downloaded or available immediately or is it just press button and see what happens?

I will address BB issue once I'm happy that I'm understanding the Sky correctly, which from your response, I'm pretty close :thumbsup:

So, Showcase is the 'anytime' for want of a better phrase yeh?
How do I tell just by looking at icon if chargeable, to be downloaded or available immediately or is it just press button and see what happens?

Is it not obvious to you that those f8ilms labelled as from Sky Store are chargeable and conversely the others are not. Also pressing "i" for further info clearly states Pay-per-view on chargeable items on the details at the top of the screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom