• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

No metadata for audio CD rips in WAV format?

expat

I'd like to store a large number of audio CDs on my media PC (Vista Home Premium 32 bit). Since disk capacity isn't a problem, I thought I would transfer the audio files in WAV format. But apparently the metadata (song title, performers etc.) aren't added to the audio files by Media Player or any other application I've tried so far when WAV is used. This makes access to the music via Media Center, Media Player etc. rather awkward.

When I choose WMA lossless as the format, Windows Media Player 11 includes the metadata when ripping audio CDs.

Is there any reason not to use WMA lossless for a music archive? Can this format be re-converted losslessly back to WAV? MS lists a converter, but I'm not sure if this will work for Vista: WMA lossless to WAV converter

expat

Thanks! That seems to be exactly what I was looking for! :thumbsup:

Would you recommend dbPowerAMP for ripping CDs in FLAC format?

mjn

Distinguished Member

expat

EAC is the tool to use.

Thanks! If I set things up properly, will the archive be accessible via Windows Media Center? I want to keep my system family-friendly...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom