1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Menu Button on Replacement Remote

Discussion in 'TVs' started by tonymaye, Jan 31, 2005.

1. tonymaye

tonymaye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I received a Toshiba 2550TB TV recently with a replacement remote - the RM1470 which claims to be a "Toshiba Replacement Remote Control with Tuning functions". However there's no menu button so I can't program (tune)the TV :devil: . All the other buttons seem to work. Help! :lease:

2. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, why not ring the Toshiba customer services number and see what they have to say? - you can get the number off their website. Regards, yt.

3. tonymaye

tonymaye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Toshiba tell me to contact the company that makes the remotes. I've no idea who makes them. I see some companies that sell them but none of them answer my emails (I'm outside the UK so calling a premium number internationally is out of the question). The remotes' box doesn't show any MENU button despite the websites of above companies claiming that the remote is capable of programming the TV........

4. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Tony,

Since tuning the TV is something you'll only do once, can't it be done from the buttons on the set itself?

I'm not familiar with your particular model, but I would expect there to be tuning buttons somewhere on the front, possibly under a small cover.

5. tonymaye

tonymaye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, there are no tuning buttons on the TV itself. Is there some clever way of firing the right frequency at the set with some other device?