• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

No mention of Vivitek H1186/H1188 here?

skahigh

Standard Member
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying my first projector and as it will be occasional use for films/sports/xbox I wanted to start with something fairly cheap like the Benq W1070.

Unfortunately, due to the throw ratio restrictions (92" screen approx 3.2m from lens) it won't quite work for me and the same goes for others like the new Epsons TW-5300/TW-5350. I dismissed the Optoma HD151X as I read it was loud in operation and as the projector will be mounted directly above my head I think excessive fan noise will spoil the experience.

I was all set to go for the TW-6600 but it's a bit pricier than I'd ideally like to spend at the moment.

This morning I came across the Vivitek H1186/H1188 in the title but could find almost no mention of them on these forums despite the fact that I've seen them well reviewed and available for well under £1000.

Is it simply that they are not widely sold in the UK (why is this?) or is there something glaringly obviously wrong with them that I've not picked up on?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom