no media server found?

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
since the last update..my ps3 cannot find any media servers? anyone got any ideas?..it has worked without a problem before until i installed 3.01 update

wireless set up, playstation store works and of course the firmware downloads and internet connection..so this is baffling..it doesnt light up when my pc is on..and its irritating me..it just doesnt recognise that it is connected to my pc anymore.

Last edited:
since the last update..my ps3 cannot find any media servers? anyone got any ideas?..it has worked without a problem before until i installed 3.01 update

wireless set up, playstation store works and of course the firmware downloads and internet connection..so this is baffling..it doesnt light up when my pc is on..and its irritating me..it just doesnt recognise that it is connected to my pc anymore.

What streaming software? Try temporarily disabling ALL firewall software (inc Windows one)

Yeah will try this out guys..fingers crossed..im an original 60 gigga on day of release!

im not using nero or tversity...just my plain old..windows vista home premuim for photos and music etc

A very good alternative to windows is PS3media server found here ( Downloads - ps3mediaserver - Project Hosting on Google Code )
i installed this on my pc and since i did i never used the windows 1 anymore....also streams mp4 for those people with blu-ray rips.....fantastic little propgram:smashin:

also ive been hearing that this system software update 3.01 has bee giving old ps3 owners problems all over, including blu-ray drive packing up...my opinion is to not risk it and stay with 3.00 untill the next update is released.......

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom