No Man's Sky (PS4) - 12 August 2016

Yeah i like that cockpit window the best i think. I'm in a little science bug-ship - very small landing footprint which is kinda handy.

I admire your anal arrangement of the addons.

I thought @Bamford38 might be a little OCD, with how the ship modules are lined up, but then saw the horrific way his beam laser mods are just scattered about randomly! :eek: Intensifier mods next to combat amps next to focus... :eek:

Obviously needs more anal.

Do the order of the modules actually make a difference then?

Yeah i like that cockpit window the best i think. I'm in a little science bug-ship - very small landing footprint which is kinda handy.

I thought @Bamford38 might be a little OCD, with how the ship modules are lined up, but then saw the horrific way his beam laser mods are just scattered about randomly! :eek: Intensifier mods next to combat amps next to focus... :eek:

Obviously needs more anal.
With how much chrysonite I had to find for the upgrades I'm happy the way they are :D

I didn't used to bother with the laser upgrades for my ship, but the speed they take down pirates is insane.

Does everyone know about the melee boost?
I've literally only just leant it.
You basically sprit, press melee then instantly hold boost and you go flying off much faster than you can sprint or boost normally.
Try it. It's a lot of fun

Does everyone know about the melee boost?
I've literally only just leant it.
You basically sprit, press melee then instantly hold boost and you go flying off much faster than you can sprint or boost normally.
Try it. It's a lot of fun
Yeah I mentioned something about it on the day it came out :).

I had a look at the distance I am from the centre and it's errm huge haha.

Do you know if all the blackholes send you towards the centre ?

Yeah I mentioned something about it on the day it came out :).

I had a look at the distance I am from the centre and it's errm huge haha.

Do you know if all the blackholes send you towards the centre ?
Yeah they all send you closer to the center, but not necessarily in a straight line. You might end up going diagonally, so it says you've travelled really far but you're not that closer to the center.
I don't think everyone realises how far away from the center they are when they start the game.

Anyone else getting a little bored of this yet? Don't get me wrong I have been loving the game and put many hours in to it but right now I feel like I am getting more bored of it all.

My main worry is the fact most planets just seem the same bar the colour and weather elements. Some look amazing but after seeing my first say 6/8 planets I am now just not excited when I fly down in to a new world.

The animals to are on the whole just silly looking and add nothing to the game.

At the moment I seem to spend all my time mining the same 3/4 rocks, selling it all and then do it all again. All this to make money to get a bigger ship which in turn would then get me mining those same rocks even longer to get another bigger ship.

I don't know, maybe it is just me but the magic is wearing off a little now and it seems as much a grind as Destiny got

Anyone else getting a little bored of this yet? Don't get me wrong I have been loving the game and put many hours in to it but right now I feel like I am getting more bored of it all.

My main worry is the fact most planets just seem the same bar the colour and weather elements. Some look amazing but after seeing my first say 6/8 planets I am now just not excited when I fly down in to a new world.

The animals to are on the whole just silly looking and add nothing to the game.

At the moment I seem to spend all my time mining the same 3/4 rocks, selling it all and then do it all again. All this to make money to get a bigger ship which in turn would then get me mining those same rocks even longer to get another bigger ship.

I don't know, maybe it is just me but the magic is wearing off a little now and it seems as much a grind as Destiny got
We are all different and for me I am still loving it aside from the bugs.

It's very samey but I get my kicks from the exploring side of things. I have seen so many different animals and they somehow keep getting better.
I am on a planet infested with flying worm like dragons with huge horns and tusks and I spent a few minutes watching them fly around.
I stocked up on materials of all kinds and have been exploring for the last couple of days without having to mine anything.

I read a good article earlier about people trying to get refunds from Sony for the game. They used many different reasons some valid some pathetic.
If your getting bored give it a break, apparently the Liars at Hello Games have now said there might be future dlc because they never realised it would be this popular.

it doesn't surprise me that some people who have played a lot of the game will be getting burnt out feelings. I haven't spent as much time playing the game as some and therefor still have many goals to achieve for the first time. But no doubt I too will get to a point where I feel like I have seen it done it bought the t-shirt. But I reckon I will just play the game less/differently then. just jumping in when I feel like it.

to add.. this game is different to any other game I have played before. I mean that in the way that the game is theoretically massive. my mind loves the struggle of comprehending universes etc whether in a game like this or the real world o_O

I'm not a trophy hunter but I just realised I only need 1 more trophy for a platinum.

However that trophy is to stay on an extreme weather planet for about 6 to 8 hours in real time.

Not gonna happen

These people moaning about digital refunds are all a good case for buying physical.

Disgruntled No Man's Sky players thrust Sony's PS4 refund policy back into the spotlight
It really annoys me people demanding a refund for digital games. If you buy a game digitally you know you're running the risk that you might not like it.
I've done it myself. I bought Fallout 4 (which was arguably more broken than no mans sky) digitally and hated it. But I didn't throw a wobbly and moan to psn customer service, I just don't get digital games anymore.
I could understand it if a game was only available digitally, but if you can also buy a physical copy and you choose to go digital you only have yourself to blame

I paid for the digital copy and my game is broken (dlc ship/hyperdrive blueprint issue) . I've either got to restart (at over 20 hours in) and hope there isn't another game breaking bug out there that hasn't been discovered yet, or wait for a patch.

Apologies for coming across rude, but you're basing your opinion on something you don't know enough about.

I agree that you shouldn't be entitled to a refund just because you don't like a game, but if the game breaks and requires you to restart or wait for an indeterminate length of time for it to be fixed, then I believe the offer of a refund is appropriate.
I don't want to argue with you pal.

Maybe I was a bit too harsh. I can certainly see why you're frustrated with having to start again.

I'm gonna delete my messages to remove the negatively.

I hope you get the problem sorted and you can get back to exploring the galaxy

Its ''Not For All Man's Sky''

But I love it and about mining, making cash to buy bigger ship and repeat this all over again is the way some play but I like to cruise around explore find a ship that I like and stick with that, dont see the point in running to get the biggest ship ingame.

Yesterday I had constant crashes, everytime I left my ship and walkt away it crashed withn 20-30 mins, I went back inside the ship and flew away from that spot , landed and could leave the ship normal again without crashing the game.
The game has some bugs though I cant emember anygame from the ps4 that was without bugs after release.

Last edited:
But if the game has game breaking bugs in it, why shouldn't you be entitled to a refund?
There should be NO reason at all why customers who buy digital cannot get a refund for a broken product.
Sony are telling those customers who do get a refund that they will never be able to play that game again either digitally or on disc because they ban the license linked to the game.

Disgusting behaviour in my opinion.

Sony advertised the theme that came with the digital pre-order as dynamic. Then we all got a static theme and Sony have told people that dynamic doesn't mean it has to move.

Seriously Sony ?

dynamic

ADJECTIVE
  1. (of a process or system) characterized by constant change, activity, or progress.
So now Sony are trying to sell digital games by false advertising. Buyer beware :).

Yesterday I had constant crashes, everytime I left my ship and walkt away it crashed withn 20-30 mins, I went back inside the ship and flew away from that spot , landed and could leave the ship normal again without crashing the game.
I've seen people say going into the Discoveries menu, and jumping back out before it finishes loading can cause crashes too.
Whereas if they hit Options, wait a few seconds, it would be fine.

So what kinda of warp range can you get? I've seen people saying 1600Ly, but is that a full tank or a single cell? And if you do a short jump, does it use the whole cell or just a bit (like regular fuel)?
Just i only need the Warp Engaged milestone for the plat now, and don't want to waste cells.

I've seen people say going into the Discoveries menu, and jumping back out before it finishes loading can cause crashes too.
Whereas if they hit Options, wait a few seconds, it would be fine.

So what kinda of warp range can you get? I've seen people saying 1600Ly, but is that a full tank or a single cell? And if you do a short jump, does it use the whole cell or just a bit (like regular fuel)?
Just i only need the Warp Engaged milestone for the plat now, and don't want to waste cells.
I can do 1500LY with a Hyperdrive and three Warp Reactors, when I try to go further it tells me to upgrade my Hyperdrive but I haven't looked into doing this.

Each jump regardless of distance uses one Warp Cell.

Ok so go as far per cell then.

What's weird is if i follow "The Path" it only plots 435Ly, but if i manually select i can go 1607Ly?

Ok so go as far per cell then.

What's weird is if i follow "The Path" it only plots 435Ly, but if i manually select i can go 1607Ly?
If your heading toward the centre then yeah jump as far as possible with each jump.

Yeah like I said I can jump 1500LY but 'The Path' plots around 500LY. I keep the massive glow in the centre of my screen and then manually plot my own route towards it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom