1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No live TV from Media Centre

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by sunlink, Jul 25, 2005.

1. sunlink

sunlink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I click on live TV nothing happens. Everything else working fine. I have tried to re-scan the stations but no channels are are found. I have checked the aerial connection to a standalone freeview box and it's fine. Both freeview (BlackGold) cards are reported as working fine in systems (hardware) tab.

Could it be as a result of a windows update, virus scanner?

Any ideas, anybody?

Steve :lease:

2. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
    Has it previously been working? Check you have a dvd decoder installed (PowerDVD or Nvidia decoders).

3. sunlink

sunlink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Sandman,

It has previously been working. The only time I had a problem, was when I installed the virus scanning software supplied with the machine. On that occassion, when I pressed the Live TV icon, it tried to go into live TV but gave up the ghost after a couple of minutes. As soon as I removed the scanning software it was fine.
    I run Power DVD all the time so I don't think that is the problem but thanks for the reply.
    Any other suggestions?

Steve :thumbsup:

4. sunlink

sunlink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have sorted the problem. The solution is to scan in the channels using one of the tuners (selecting single tuner option on the TV set up). Once completed, go through the tv setup install again using the two tuner option.
    Voila, I now have access to 36 channels on freeview from either tuner.

Steve :clap:

5. kgreene

kgreene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the same problem by the sound of it - but unfortunately the work-around above doesn't work for me :(
    I had 2 X freeview tuners working fine but now can't get anything when scanning for channels. I have the Haupennage cards. A standalone freeview box finds all channels - device manager says all is fine - DVD playback is fine, playing previously recorded TV is fine??
    Searched lot sof forums with no luck - any ideas please? :lease:
    Thanks
    Ken

6. sunlink

sunlink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Ken,

Try plugging one aerial into the tuner to the left looking at the back of the tuner and select one tuner option to scan in the channels. Do not have an aerial in the other tuner. Let me know how you get on.

Steve

7. kgreene

kgreene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Sunlink - tried your suggestion and tried all combinations of rebooting then trying again, trying each card separately, both together etc.
    And still no luck!
    Thanks for the info but anyone else got any ideas otherwise - much appreciated
    thanks
    ken

8. kgreene

kgreene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bit of an update...
    Uninstalled and re-installed TV cards (Hauppage WinTV Nova)
    Plugged in just one ariel, Setup 1 tuner worked ok.
    then went back to setup and chose 2 tuners - and scanned all 36 channels fine BUT when I went to watch the live TV all channels said "no signal".
    Reboot, re-setup 2 channels and it doesn't find any channels when scanning.
    re-boot, plug in one ariel and setup one card works again.

Am I meant to be doing anything special to get the 2nd tuner to work - Sunlight - any extra steps you can recall doing?
    Thanks v much
    Ken