No live pause with new Sky HD.

Bill Hicks

Ex Member
Reaction score
I have just had Sky HD installed and I'm having a problem with using the live pause service. It doesn't work and also I cannot set the box to record!
I have phoned the engineer who installed it and he has told me that this service should return in around 5 hours after the initial install.

Anyone had the same issue as me after a new HD install?

yes i had the same was told it could take serveral hours for all the functions too work,after a few hours i phoned sky and spoke to someone there and they enabled everything almost instantly.

Quite normal. They normally say 'could be 4 minutes or 4 hours' although it's always been done instantly when I've had installs. If it's still not working in a couple of hours give them a bell and check the signal was sent.

I had Sky HD installed last Friday and recording & pause worked straight away for me,

I had my Sky+ relocated yesterday, that also worked straight away.

Hopefully your services will come to life soon.

Just got off the phone with Sky and it's now all working :smashin:
Must say just been watching some HD material on the BBC's HD preview channel and some of it is amazing! Especially the stuff filmed by the BBC's wildlife dept.
I've got the Sky box set to 1080i and the sound routed to my AV amp via a digital coaxial cable, the sound is spot on :smashin:

So far so good with my Samsung's lip-sync as well.
I'll keep my fingers crossed! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom