No lag with Xbox non stop lag with PS3

Kim-Jong_ILL

Standard Member
I orginally had O2 mobile broadband and my ps3 online gaming worked fine with it barely ever lagging and all that. I got rid of that though and got 3 mobile broadband as it was cheaper and I had more gb and the speed was the same but for whatever reason the lag with this leaves ps3 online gaming impossible as its always lagging and won't connect to some games.

On the other hand if I go on xbox live with it its fine no lagging and I can play away no problem. Obviously if I can go on xbox live with no lagging it would suggest my internet is good enough to support online gaming so why the problem with the ps3 network?

The fact I was on the ps3 network for months with O2 mobile broadband which was the same speed as my new 3 mobile broadband and had no problems would say that my 3 mobile broadband should be working fine?

Anyone have any idea whats up?

I have it setup thatI have and ethernet cable running from the ps3 to computer.

deathtrap3000

Novice Member
Dont know how you managed to play xbox live using mobile broadband without it lagging. The latency is way to high. If I were you I would scrap the whole idea of online play via mobile broadband altogether as its likely the people you are playing with are having just as bad a time as you are.

Kim-Jong_ILL

Standard Member
Why would i scrap it. Its the only option open to me at the moment and I have no lag at all on xbox live and for months had no lag on ps3 until I switched from 02 mobile broadband to 3 mobile broadband.

Its irrelevant to me what its supposed to be like im talking from what it is and has been like.

What im asking is if I can now go on xbox live with 3 mobile broadband without any lag and problems how come I can't go online with the psn without any lag and problems especially when months before I was on it without any problems on 02 mobile boardband which is the same speed as my 3 mobile broadband

Stinja

I orginally had O2 mobile broadband and my ps3 online gaming worked fine with it barely ever lagging and all that. I got rid of that though and got 3 mobile broadband as it was cheaper and I had more gb and the speed was the same but for whatever reason the lag with this leaves ps3 online gaming impossible as its always lagging and won't connect to some games.... so why the problem with the ps3 network?
Surely, given your PS3 worked fine previously on O2, the problem is not with "the PS3 network" but something to do with your 3 Mobile config, their network or some interaction between them.

- Firstly i'd ask how you connect to the 3 Mobile network, if its by a wireless connection, then switch your PS3's wireless off and use an ethernet cable.
- Does 3 Mobile have any sort of capping, limits or anti-peer-to-peer clauses? It might be they're limiting when it detects your PS3.
- Have you opened up all ports needed for the PSN? It might be 3 Mobile has some needed ports closed by default.

And this assumes when you say the 360 is fine, you're trying both at the same time, and not the 360 at 0400 hours in the morning, and the PS3 at 2000 hours at night :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom