No ITV or BBC channels from Sky

deezel

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm getting no satellite signal for BBC 1,2,3 and 4 , also none for ITV1,2 or 3.

This has been happening for a few days now.

Anyone suffering similar ?

Hi

The very South East tip of Kent, S.E England

U should have no problems, check the leads at back of box and i mean the lnb connection, also dish may have moved ever so slightly, sounds like the lnb or the tuner in the box may be playing up, take card out, switch off, switch on put card back in, next stop is to check ur box at someone else's house. These faults are a process of elimination. what is the make of the box and the age?

GB--

Tried the card, its not that.

The peculiar thing is all other channels are being received except bbc and itv

Box is pace about 3 years old

Is the box new to the card?
Or have you had a new card.

I had this problem when I bought a 2nd hand Grundig sky box.
When I plugged in my card to the new box, I couldn't receive any BBC channels. So had to phone sky to get the card registered to the new box.
All other channels worked ok though.

Sky had it fixed inside a few minutes (although they always quote 24hrs).

Hope this helps.

Ok, found the fault

The satellite dish feed cable that goes into the digibox was in too tight :rolleyes:

I had the tv tuned into BBC1 with the message NO satellite signal.

As I backed of the screw thread ( which was hand sinched tight) the picture came through.

Sinched it up again and I lost the picture.

Moral: Be gentle with your Sky cables :D

Thanks

deezel

hey hey deezel, my first line from first post " check the leads at back of box and i mean the lnb connection" glad u got it sorted, if it happens again have a look at the length of sat cable that is exposed at the f connector, u can have problems if it is too long and if it is too short.

happy viewing

I have a pace from day 1, 1998, and it has never gone wrong!!

gbmitie

gbmitie said:
hey hey deezel, my first line from first post " check the leads at back of box and i mean the lnb connection" glad u got it sorted, if it happens again have a look at the length of sat cable that is exposed at the f connector, u can have problems if it is too long and if it is too short.

happy viewing

I have a pace from day 1, 1998, and it has never gone wrong!!

gbmitie

Very true GB, you just dont think that a cable plugged in nice and tight like that could be the problem.

We live and learn
:laugh:

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom